Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster RT, NBV Highway Brackets - Question

How many of you have installed these brackets on RT and NOT used the second bottom push pin hole because it does not line up after installing but instead used a wire tie?
    Has anyone modified the bracket by grinding away some of the angle that keeps it away?
    I am trying to get this to work perfect and have installed the lower bracket back behind against the metal frame instead of on top of the plastic and found it lines up better but do not understand why it hasn't been installed like that in the video.
    Anyone care to comment on their experiences. I am a little stumped at how the lower deflectors don’t mount back on like they should.
    I like perfection.
    Thanks!
    Paul
    Last edited by MeudtPG; 01-01-2021 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Stumped
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Installed mine over two years ago, according to Lamonster's instructions, and in something like 6000 miles I've had absolutely no issue with them. No wire ties and no grinding to date. Don't know if that helps at all, but it's my experience.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Installed mine over two years ago, according to Lamonster's instructions, and in something like 6000 miles I've had absolutely no issue with them. No wire ties and no grinding to date. Don't know if that helps at all, but it's my experience.
    I have two years and over 5000 miles on mine with no issues except always had only 1 push pin that would fit and not line up. Just following up on getting this right.
    Do you have both push pins in the bottom splash guard?

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Paul. Had them on for 7 years with no issues. Yes, there’s an interference between the bracket and the plastic deflector such that the rear pin doesn’t line up with the hole. If memory serves, it was a known issue and mentioned in the video. There’s so many other fasteners on it that the thing isn’t going anywhere. Plus, with the 998 RT, the deflector has two tabs on the front of it that also captures it to the bodywork. Don’t know if your bodywork has that or not. Like you, I had toyed with the idea of doing something about it. The approach in my mind was to remove material from the backside of the plastic deflector so it could come in and get the pin in the hole, rather than grind on the bracket. But, it always came down to time and effort vs value added. Ultimately, I left it alone. No wire ties. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Hey Paul. Had them on for 7 years with no issues. Yes, there’s an interference between the bracket and the plastic deflector such that the rear pin doesn’t line up with the hole. If memory serves, it was a known issue and mentioned in the video. There’s so many other fasteners on it that the thing isn’t going anywhere. Plus, with the 998 RT, the deflector has two tabs on the front of it that also captures it to the bodywork. Don’t know if your bodywork has that or not. Like you, I had toyed with the idea of doing something about it. The approach in my mind was to remove material from the backside of the plastic deflector so it could come in and get the pin in the hole, rather than grind on the bracket. But, it always came down to time and effort vs value added. Ultimately, I left it alone. No wire ties. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Thanks Snowbelt, I did not give up!
    I stuck with it long enough to finally get it right - indeed a lot of time and value added!
    Installed the push pins while top screw was really loose but started, then tightened top screw and it brought the lower splash guard into position WHILE push pins were 1st installed. It would be nice to have this (important procedure) explained in the installation instructions to make life easier for customers. Most folks obviously gave up on the push pins just like I did two years ago and never returned to fix it so it works correctly. Mission Accomplished!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MeudtPG; 01-01-2021 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Picture orientation

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Anyone care to comment on their experiences. I am a little stumped at how the lower deflectors don’t mount back on like they should.
    I like perfection.
    Thanks!
    Paul
    Here's how I installed them on my 2013 and then transferred to my 2014. Been using them for six years.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-My-mod-for-it

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

i did the same install..i just used a black zip tie..1/8 wide

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    How many of you have installed these brackets on RT and NOT used the second bottom push pin hole because it does not line up after installing but instead used a wire tie?
    Has anyone modified the bracket by grinding away some of the angle that keeps it away?
    I am trying to get this to work perfect and have installed the lower bracket back behind against the metal frame instead of on top of the plastic and found it lines up better but do not understand why it hasn't been installed like that in the video.
    I like perfection.
    Thanks!
    Paul
    I used a heavy-duty black zip tie for the second hole, because no matter how hard I tried, it just wouldn't line up. And yes, it has held up with no issues.

I might try try this suggestion if I get around to it: "Installed the push pins while top screw was really loose but started, then tightened top screw and it brought the lower splash guard into position WHILE push pins were 1st installed'
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !