Spyder Garage

Default wiping data on XBox and Playstation, and others

I have an old XBox and Play station, as well as a blue ray player I want to get rid of. But they all have personal data, like my wireless network. The consoles no longer work, so I can't use the utilities built in to do the job. Does anyone know how this can be done?
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Open the box, remove and smash the disk. If you're super paranoid, smash the circuit board too.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I have an old XBox and Play station, as well as a blue ray player I want to get rid of. But they all have personal data, like my wireless network. The consoles no longer work, so I can't use the utilities built in to do the job. Does anyone know how this can be done?
    A really BFH .... will make access to the storage board improbable, if not impossible. But if you are still concerned, dismantle and take the board/s out and then use the BFH ...... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

If you don't have a BFH, use a cement block.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I know this is late and he's figured it out by now but. But just go to Setting - Initialization - Full (that is on a ps4). Xbox should have some option as well to clean reset it to factory.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Anhur View Post
    I know this is late and he's figured it out by now but. But just go to Setting - Initialization - Full (that is on a ps4). Xbox should have some option as well to clean reset it to factory.
    I guess you missed the part where he says the consoles no longer work so that method is out.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

My 32 Oz. framing hammer ( BFH ) will work perfectly. Target practice ( if you have the spare ammo ) ia also a good option.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

If you happen to know someone that races slot cars or rc cars they might have a magnet zapper they use to hop up motors. just make sure there are no loosed metal objects close by. Makes one of those hand held units we used on tapes seem like a childs toy. Once it goes between those jaws there will be NO information left.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I guess you missed the part where he says the consoles no longer work so that method is out.
    Suppose I did. In which case pull the HD's out and drive a nail in them or just take a sledge to them. Any method that breaks the discs inside/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Anhur View Post
    Suppose I did. In which case pull the HD's out and drive a nail in them or just take a sledge to them. Any method that breaks the discs inside/
    When you take into account the price and size of HDs now, multiple terabytes, if the drives in the game consoles aren't at least 500 mb, then it's not worth the time to clean them for reuse.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    When you take into account the price and size of HDs now, multiple terabytes, if the drives in the game consoles aren't at least 500 mb, then it's not worth the time to clean them for reuse.
    Yeah and depending on the model at most they are 1terabyte on those. Honestly re-using a terabyte on a computer isn't gonna hold a whole lot give the size of games and other apps these days. Just make sure the you render the disk unusable and no one will be able to get info from them. Then toss the systems.

Spyder Garage

Well, all these things I have used different passwords, so I guess I should not worry.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    Well, all these things I have used different passwords, so I guess I should not worry.
    Depends on how strong the pw are. Simpler ones can be cracked in milliseconds by cracking codes. Without bothering to look to it up to be sure, I believe your pw has to have 8+ alpha characters to get into the thousands of hours of cracking time.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Open the box, remove and smash the disk. If you're super paranoid, smash the circuit board too.
    Smashing the circuit board is the best suggestion.