Spyder Garage

Default Lights for old style fenders

Hello All,

I have a 17 Spyder RT with the classic (old) style front fenders, I want to run some extra lights for visibility purposes, kind of like the ones Slingmods has on their site but they do not make them for the classic fender. Has anyone on here installed some LED running/turn signal lights? If so where did you get the "kit" if there is one?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Value Accessories has them, they are made by TricLED.

^^^ (click the link)

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I have the exact same model Spyder and I bought mine from TricLED.

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brny67 View Post
    Hello All,

I have a 17 Spyder RT with the classic (old) style front fenders, I want to run some extra lights for visibility purposes, kind of like the ones Slingmods has on their site but they do not make them for the classic fender. Has anyone on here installed some LED running/turn signal lights? If so where did you get the "kit" if there is one?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 09 there weren't any folks making a " fender LED kit " ...... I wanted something that would work on the very outside edge of each fender. ... problem was it's a compound curve ..... I searched the web and found AMBER LED strips that were only 5mm wide X 18in. long and would bend to fit the ARC of the fenders ... they were IP65 rated .... I had to wire them into the fenders using the front marker light for power ... check E-bay for availability .... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 09 there weren't any folks making a " fender LED kit " ...... I wanted something that would work on the very outside edge of each fender. ... problem was it's a compound curve ..... I searched the web and found AMBER LED strips that were only 5mm wide X 18in. long and would bend to fit the ARC of the fenders ... they were IP65 rated .... I had to wire them into the fenders using the front marker light for power ... check E-bay for availability .... Mike
    I'm sure Superbrightleds.com has them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have the TricLeds from Value Accessories. They are easy to mount and look very good. Remove the wheel for ease of access.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze