Spyder Garage

Default Decided to do something fun to the Spyder today

Added a multi color under light kit to the Spyder today. Has a setting to stay on any color I choose or flash. It also has a setting to come on only when breaking. So easy to hook up on the Spyder! I just wish the 2021 RTL had more (or any) open spots in the Tupperware to let light shine through.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schreckftw View Post
    Added a multi color under light kit to the Spyder today. Has a setting to stay on any color I choose or flash. It also has a setting to come on only when breaking. So easy to hook up on the Spyder! I just wish the 2021 RTL had more (or any) open spots in the Tupperware to let light shine through.
    RED .... Flashing ????? ....... I would be surprised if you don't get to speak with an LEO .... up close and personal. ..... Probably get a warning ( but maybe not ) .... if you have a " shut-off switch ", that might prevent a ticket ..... good luck .... mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    RED .... Flashing ????? ....... I would be surprised if you don't get to speak with an LEO .... up close and personal. ..... Probably get a warning ( but maybe not ) .... if you have a " shut-off switch ", that might prevent a ticket ..... good luck .... mike
    In Ohio red and blue under glow is 100% legal but not encouraged I am sure. Flash or moving lights are an absolute no go in the Ohio!!! Also the under lights can't be higher then 300 if facing outward and 500 candle power if pointed at the pavement only. I have had led on other bikes I owned and never had an issue. I don't run it to often when riding. Mainly in group events or at shows. It runs off the battery and has a separate remote. You do not have to have it on when riding.

Spyder Garage

That's gotta be easy enough to fix, doesn't it?!?

https://www.google.com/search?client...rV7bu7oF4IAtYM

Just put 'em where you want 'em!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In Ohio red and blue under glow is 100% legal but not encouraged I am sure. Flash or moving lights are an absolute no go in the Ohio!!!
    Agreed.

My son has long had a fascination with lights decorating his car. Went WAY overboard with blue LEDs on an old, blue Olds Cutlass. Saw an officer at the gas station and asked him about the legality of blue lights. Officer went through a couple of the guidelines then asked "what did you have in mind?" My son answered by flipping switches ON. Officer looked around a bit and said "Impressive. As long as they don't flash, you're OK."

I have two sets of LED strips on my Suzuki with separate switches. One is strictly legal, probably EVERYWHERE. Yellow lights ahead of the front edge of the saddlbags, red lights from that point back. The other set has blue in all locations. Either (or both) can be turned ON or OFF any time the ignition key is ON. Have not had any problems yet, they have been there for almost 10 years.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In Ohio red and blue under glow is 100% legal but not encouraged I am sure. Flash or moving lights are an absolute no go in the Ohio!!! Also the under lights can't be higher then 300 if facing outward and 500 candle power if pointed at the pavement only. I have had led on other bikes I owned and never had an issue. I don't run it to often when riding. Mainly in group events or at shows. It runs off the battery and has a separate remote. You do not have to have it on when riding.
    Interesting ..... If you happen to travel to Vermont - shut off any and all under spyder lights ..... or you will get a ticket - no matter what color they are ...... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good to know, but we don't have any under the Spyder.

Do they have any problem with the LEDs that are mounted on the body panels and visible as marker lights and turn signals?

I can see an objection to certain colors, but yellow (amber) and red (in the proper locations) should not be a problem.

HER ride:

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Red-colored Leds are looking good, Mine doesn't have any Led lights under it. I am thinking to add blue LEDs.
    Not sure if these are Legal in CA.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AlanSmith7 View Post
    Red-colored Leds are looking good, Mine doesn't have any Led lights under it. I am thinking to add blue LEDs.
    Like mine, most kits have multi color to allow you to adjust to what color you want. I would suggest that. If blue is not legal you can use a white or another color until in an area when you can let the blue shine!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AlanSmith7 View Post
    Is ANYTHING legal in Cali?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Is ANYTHING legal in Cali?
    No. "ANYTHING" is not legal in California.

The only thing that IS legal is "NOTHING".

HER ride:

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Looks cool.....
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited