Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Before I actually knew what I wanted/needed, went the Blue Ridge route on my F3s, WRONG. Then I tried the 28" F4 Customs, workable but changed to the 32" F4 Customs. like looking thru my windshield at 6'1 especially after a nice gouge in my helmet from a rock hit when I had the blue ridge. Each to his own I guess.

Spyder Garage

Before I actually knew what I wanted/needed, went the Blue Ridge route on my F3s, WRONG. Then I tried the 28" F4 Customs, workable but changed to the 32" F4 Customs. like looking thru my windshield at 6'1 especially after a nice gouge in my helmet from a rock hit when I had the blue ridge. Each to his own I guess.
    Last edited by juscuz; 01-01-2021 at 11:20 AM. Reason: delete

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by k1hog View Post
    I am 6'2" with a 2020 Spyder F3. My last motorcycle was a Harley Ultra, full fairing and windshield. I have only put a few miles on the Spyder. Even a speeds of 45 or so, the ride seems to be very windy compared to the Harley. I am looking at the below windshields. Which on would give some relief from the wind. The Spyder is very cool looking and I don't want to add something that looks like, well you know.

Your thoughts and experiences?

Blue Ridge Windshield, 219400746, 21.25" tall. $409.99
    Route 129 Windshield, 219400747, 15.5" tall. $349.99

Thanks

Johnnie
    Johnnie - go to Lamont's website - http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ . He has several heights of Freedom Shield's F3 windscreens in stock, with several different tint options - and far less costly than OEM (leaving you with much needed cash to do other mods). I've had two Freedom screens and absolutely love them!! http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...eld-lamonster/

I went with the 15" light grey tint (I am 5'2"). I am thinking at your height, you would need the 19". However, there are clear directions there to help you decide which height is right for you.

Spyder Garage

To determine the increased windshield height needed, I tape or clamp (rubber tipped of course) a piece of cardboard to the top of the existing w/s and go riding. During the ride, I raise or lower the cardboard until I have the height I want the new w/s to be and note that measurement.
    For my last w/s, I didn't do that as we were in a long rainy period (still are) so I did that in the garage sitting on the bike. That was the wrong thing to do because when the new w/s arrived, it was too short by a couple inches. Fortunately, the flip saved the day and now I have a w/s I can well see over and with the wind protection of a much taller one.
    There's a saying for that; Some things happen for a reason.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

F3's are difficult to determine height, as the windshield mfr's use different mounts, making windshield lengths harder to determine. Most mfr's will give a recommended shield based on rider's height. That's why I like my Madstad's. They are adjustable up/down/fore/aft by a few inches. Super easy to adjust the angle with two knobs. Lower/angle back on hot days and raise/angle up in the rain. Win/win.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    F3's are difficult to determine height, as the windshield mfr's use different mounts, making windshield lengths harder to determine. Most mfr's will give a recommended shield based on rider's height. That's why I like my Madstad's. They are adjustable up/down/fore/aft by a few inches. Super easy to adjust the angle with two knobs. Lower/angle back on hot days and raise/angle up in the rain. Win/win.
    Yeah, that’s why I have mounted my F4 screen (it has a shape that suits me), on my Madstad screen brackets, troop. Having that adjustability where you can lower the screen and lay it back, but sit it up on long/raining trips is a huge plus indeed.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the input.

I have decided to go with the Blue Ridge due to the height of the windshield.

Johnnie

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the input.
    I have decided to go with the Blue Ridge due to the height of the windshield.
    Johnnie
    Great to hear, Johnnie.....hope it works well for you

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hi, I am just on 180cm (5'11") and I have the Blue Ridge on my recently purchased 2017 F3S. I would gladly give it to you and $100 AUS for your first therapy session. It has the innate ability to vibrate one's head so much that you can't see correctly or hear your usually crystal clear Bluetooth music. It is the worst designed piece of crap and I cannot replace it quick enough. I tried putting on some of those lovely attachments to increase the height but I could not find one big enough. I will be replacing mine with something taller for touring riding during the beautiful Aussie winter :-) and will get a small one to face the breeze and cool down during the scorching Aussie summer. Stay away from the blue ridge as everyone I speak to who has had one (note had, not has) hated it with a passion.

If you have a mate who is too poor to replace his/hers/theirs, see if they will let you have a test ride. I did that with a mate's bigger screen and I love it. I will likely get the same screen.

Good luck with your screen upgrade.

Previously owned a 2015 RTS for 4 yrs with an upgraded F4 28" screen to block the breeze from Big Aussie trucks on our crap single-lane highways :-)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2022 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Correct spelling and add last sentence fm OP, then 'can't'.... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Stillnjeve, I nearly had a great offer for you until I realised you were riding an “s”. I had a Madstad on my 16 F3-L because the original Blueridge did the same to me as it did to you. I would have given it to you (I now ride a ‘21 RT), but it wouldn’t fit your “s”. I would definitely suggest you look at the Madstad. It come with adjustable hardware that lets you move the screen vertically about 4” and angle horizontally about 4” at the top. Other screens like F4, Jurock, Freedom etc are very good, but the Madstad adjustability makes it a game breaker.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by stillnjeve View Post
    Hi, I am just on 180cm (5'11") and I have the Blue Ridge on my recently purchased 2017 F3S. I would gladly give it to you and $100 AUS for your first therapy session. It has the innate ability to vibrate ones head so much that you can see correctly or hear your usually crystal clear Bluetooth music. It is the worst designed piece of crap and I cannot replace it quick enough. I tried putting on some of those lovely attachments to increase the height but I could not find one big enough. I will be replacing mine with something taller for touring riding during the beautiful Aussie winter :-) and will get a small one to face the breeze and cool down during the scorching Aussie summer. Stay away from the blue ridge as everyone I speak to who has had (note had, not has) one, hated it with a passion.

If you have a mate who is too poor to replace his/hers/theirs, see if they will let you have a test ride. I did that with a mate's bigger screen and I love it. I will likely get the same screen.
    Good luck with your screen upgrade.

Previously owned a 2015 RTS for 4 yrs with an upgraded F4 28" screen to block the breeze from Big Aussie trucks on our crap single-lane highways :-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

2020 F3 Base. The cheapest.
    I have a 21 F3 base model. I am 6'2" and initially went with the Route 129. I didn't go with the Blue Ridge on the advice here on this forum that it caused a lot of buffeting. The Route 129 wind hit me directly in the chest and I wanted it to hit a bit higher. I utilized the Route 129 hardware and purchased a 23" Jurock windshield. Now, I still get some air, but it hits me better since I like some wind.

I see you purchased the Blue Ridge, and I hope it works for you. If not, at least now you have options.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-07-2022 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Added spaces.... ;-)

Spyder Garage

I am 5'10" and had a Blue Ridge. Lots of noise and buffeting. I ordered a 20" Madstad yesterday.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter