Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Which of these 2 windshield heights for my 2020 Spyder F3?

I am 6'2" with a 2020 Spyder F3. My last motorcycle was a Harley Ultra, full fairing and windshield. I have only put a few miles on the Spyder. Even a speeds of 45 or so, the ride seems to be very windy compared to the Harley. I am looking at the below windshields. Which on would give some relief from the wind. The Spyder is very cool looking and I don't want to add something that looks like, well you know.

Your thoughts and experiences?

Blue Ridge Windshield, 219400746, 21.25" tall. $409.99
    Route 129 Windshield, 219400747, 15.5" tall. $349.99

Thanks

Johnnie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't have an F3 but those seem like some pretty pricey windscreens. Have you seen if F4 Customs has anything that might work for you? They're a site sponser and put out what's probably the best windscreen anywhere (I have one on my RT).

Spyder Garage

I Have the blue ridge, and I am 1.73 (centimeters, that is), and thats doing a good job for me.
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

F4 for sure !! I love mine !!
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

I have a 25 inch F4 windshield on my F3T. I'm 6'2" and love it. A windshield is subjective just like seats are.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

F4 customs here too. Light tint.
    They are polycarbonate, not acrylic.

Top shelf product

ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Don't overlook the Madstag windscreen as they are adjustable. I have one on my F3 Limited and really like it.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have no experience with the F3 windshield, but keep in mind that most of the people here stating how they love the F4 are riding a F3T. The windshield for the F3T will not work on the F3 or F3S. I would do a little search on ebay and see what there is out there. You will run across more and better priced options than what you are getting here. Good luck.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

As others have stated I would recommend the F4 windshield with the side wings option.

You are going to have a different wind experience since you are used to the Harley Ultra which places the rider very close to the windshield.
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)

Spyder Garage

My go-to windshield maker is 7Jurock. The are easy to work with - even made a custom to my specs. I have a 16" (measured top to bottom along the w/s centerline) and an 18" that is 9" wider than the brackets, yet I can still use them. The second one is the custom order. You can get any height you desire. The 16" cost $140 shipped and the custom was $160 shipped. Whatever you buy, get the flip, it works wonders.

DSCN2706.jpg The 16" windshield.

20201028_163157.jpg The !8" w/s - note that the stock brackets are utilized. Sorry it's upside down - don't know how to fix that.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I should have been more clear with the post, as I was looking for information on the difference or affect of the height between the two below windshield heights?

Spyder Garage

Route 129, is imho, only for looks, no actual wind deflection, as i stated earlier, blue ridge works for me, and I live in the nethelands, this country is so flat, that it's always windy
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

I swear by my blue ridge with MRA touring screen on top. Blue ridge is Very wide at the bottom and the MRA touring throws the air well above my head so the ride is quite calm and the view is excellent because the MRA tosses the air over your head.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by k1hog View Post
    I should have been more clear with the post, as I was looking for information on the difference or affect of the height between the two below windshield heights?

Hey guys, I don't think he's actually looking for your choice or preference of windshield BRAND per se; I rather think that the OP here, k1hog, is after advice on the 2 specific windshields he referred to and impact of THEIR respective HEIGHTS!!

I could be wrong I guess (it does happen - albeit only occasionally! ) but then those ARE the bits he highlighted in post #11 & what he referred to where I've added bolding emphasis in the quote above....

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-30-2020 at 11:31 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I am 6'2" with a 2020 Spyder F3. My last motorcycle was a Harley Ultra, full fairing and windshield. I have only put a few miles on the Spyder. Even a speeds of 45 or so, the ride seems to be very windy compared to the Harley. I am looking at the below windshields. Which on would give some relief from the wind. The Spyder is very cool looking and I don't want to add something that looks like, well you know.

Thanks

Johnnie
    I really think he's looking for THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES!! My thoughts are that if I sit on the seat of my bike and look at what I have for a windshield and want more protection I would think what would give that to me, higher, lower, wider, what ever, and get it! And where the rubber hit's the road is, he's the only one that can make that dissension, right
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Peter Aawen, you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'2". Check out Madstad windshields. Up/down/fore/aft adjustment. I have a 14" dark gray for every day and a 22" light tint for traveling. They don't look like a big sail when installed, keeping the sporty appearance.
    https://madstad.com/collections/can-...n-am-spyder-f3
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I would sit on the bike like shown in the F4 product video and measure up to see where the w/s will actually come to on the bike, and your eye level. Then you may have a better idea of what to expect. Also, on my F3L, i went high enough were it helped with wind, but, i did not want to have to look through it all the time, so it may be a little shorter than what i need for a completely wind free ride. If you do not mind looking through it all the time, go higher. The bike does not look as sporty with the higher w/s. YMMV

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    You don't mention if you have a F3(S) or T/LTD. Check out Madstad windshields. Up/down/fore/aft adjustment. I have a 14" dark gray for every day and a 22" light tint for traveling..
    https://madstad.com/collections/can-...pyder-f3-t-ltd
    https://madstad.com/collections/can-...n-am-spyder-f3
    With the 2 choices that he posted, he has either a F3 or F3S. The 2 that he questioned will not fit on a F3T or a F3 Limited. I think that is what a lot of the posters have not taken into consideration, they made suggestions that will not even fit on his bike. At least you gave him a good option for each situation. Good advice.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Johnnie
    Johnnie,
    After reading yours and other posts, there is some confusion here. To help remove confusion, can you please post your F3 model?

Also, you really do not want other people’s advice on how those two models work for THEM, as everyone has different length inseams and their height above the seat can vary greatly. On too of that, everyone has different thresholds for buffeting and wind.

The lower the screen, the better the look on the F3, but by the same token, the lower the screen, the more wind you will get.

Sit on your F3 with a spirit level (maybe on a long board if the level is only short) resting on top of whatever screen you have, and see where the top of the screen sits in relation to your body. To eliminate most buffeting (but still get some air into the top of your helmet), the top of the screen needs to be around level with your top lip. Any lower and you will get head buffeting at the very least.
    If buffeting doesn’t bother you, then go for the lowest screen possible, as that looks good on the F3. Hopefully that give you an idea where to start.....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have the 19 freedom from lamonster just right

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    i have the 19 freedom from lamonster just right
    That’s great to hear, Fatboy, but how tall are you, how long is your inseam, how much wind do you get, what model F3 do you ride ?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

2020 F3 Base. The cheapest.

Spyder Garage

On my 2020 F3 Limited I have the 25" F4 Customs but on my 2021 F3S I went with the Madstad and like it as much as the F4 on the F3L
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

well op was talking about f 3 im 5 11 34 in just enough