Well mine has finally lost some of it's pressure ( 2014 RT ), and won't keep the lid up. ..... Yes I could replace it with a new one ..... but I'm frugal ( ie. Cheap ) .... so I made a solid strut from a 3/16th dia. piece of scrap metal rod. ... it's 7 1/4in. long (to be safe use 8in. you can trim if necessary ).... at 1/4in. made a 90* bend .... and made a 3/16 hole on the right side ( as you face the opening ) just below the curve of the interior trunk lip ... this is so the rod will be flush to the side of the lip when closed .... I made a slight bend 1 1/4in. from the bottom end to match the contour .... pressed the 90* bent end into the hole. .... I now can easily put the rod up into the slot where the rubber gasket is, and that rubber keeps the end from slipping.... took about 15 min. from figuring it out, to being able to use it..... money saved $25 to $40 .... and about one hour ( + ) labor...... and I left the OEM one in place. .... good luck .... PS, measure the dia. of the rod you use and then select a drill bit one smaller, this is so it will be a tight fit .....Mike