I am in the process of installing heated seats to my base RT.

While removing the driver's seat I found that the attachment point where the support strut mounts to the seat was cracked and when I removed the strut the little mounting nib broke completely off the seat.

All that holds the seat to the strut is that small plastic nib molded into the seat hinge arm. It can be broken very easily just by trying to raise the seat too hard. I suspect that over time most will eventually break due to the constant stress on such a flimsy mounting point. This is not a good design. My Spyder has only 1500 miles on it.

I foresee a Lamonster fix for this in the future but for now be careful raising your seat and be extra careful when removing that support strut. If you break that nib off, the seat will not stay up because the support strut has no where to attach - a pita every time you gas up. You could probably attach it temporarily with a longer screw but a permanent fix will likely involve some type of shoulder screw that thru-bolts to the hinge arm. Or, I guess you could do what I used to do with my '81 Oldsmobile's trunk that had failed support struts - Use a sawed off broomstick to hold it up.

nib.JPG

IMG_20201226_0955163.jpg