Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New Three Wheeled Electric Roadster..

The Arcimoto Roadster.
    My brother in FL, just put a deposit down on one of these. made in Oregon. approx. 100 mile range at this point in time, comes with charging cord for rapid charge. Corbin and National Cycle have partnered up with them recently. They are taking deposits now for 2021 delivery. Selling somewhere in low 20's.
    Not for me............. yet.
    What's your take?

arcimoto-roadster-header.jpg

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My take? Ugly as a sack of potatoes. And 100 mile range? Over $20,000 for an hour and a half ride?

Uh, no thanks.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Certainly looks ugly, I think aesthetics is important in this day and age. I'll pass too.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Like the colorscheme, but that is also all I Like.... what a dinasour of a front end
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Competition is good- bring it on. Has a VW bus front end look to it

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

I think like that one guy that was getting out of it and said, man I would like to buy shares in it!! Yes it has some pluses and minuses, but they will all come in time. It seams like they have a good platform, they just have to make it more appealing to the eye maybe. Can it be a touring machine well the jury's out on that one, but it is a cool jump in and go down town and get a snack or a run around town thing!! This concept is and will be our future, heck remember when a cell phone was in a big bag, and had to almost needed two hands to hold it up! I think it's cool that people think out of the box, to make things better!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Electric Motor Vehicle

Well, time will tell on how soon, these electric vehicles come as a next new addition.

I hope they can get something that works better and more affordable down the road. Get the price down and more people will be able to think about buying. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Can't wait to see the new map planners that will do adventurous routing, allowing for electric breaks every 100 miles.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This was first discussed here 5 years ago! https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...archid=1752532 It looks like our skepticism and comparison to Elio may have been misguided! According to their website they are now shipping them to west coast customers. http://www.arcimoto.com. Price looks to be about $6000 more than projected back in 2015. If you go to their media pages you'll find a lot of links to articles in Businesswire, a Bershire Hathaway company. One of the articles says they delivered 31 to customers in September. Sure beats the h*** out of what Elio has accomplished!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Obtainium

All you Electric Vehicle Fans should really spend the 5 minutes it takes to watch this extremely detailed/interesting video about the REAL costs of alternate energy vehicles and other such con games.Makes you wonder who's scamming who, and why???? https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...=att&disp=safe
    Last edited by redrazor; 12-26-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: wrong link address

Spyder Garage

Red face

sorry for the repeat(??) Title should read Unobtainium
    Last edited by redrazor; 12-26-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: accidental repeat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    All you Electric Vehicle Fans should really spend the 5 minutes it takes to watch this extremely detailed/interesting video about the REAL costs of alternate energy vehicles and other such con games.Makes you wonder who's scamming who, and why???? https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...=att&disp=safe
    Link is no good!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

A few notes.

Any association with Corbin would steer me away, they just have too many fit and finish problems and major customer service issues.

The design leaves a lot to be desired. It makes more sense in the standard configuration, but it needs to changed up for a roadster.

Very short range, and there just aren't many charging stations (well, none I know of) in the canyons and other places I ride.

As I understand it, there are environmental costs to electric vehicles, and the low miles most people will put on them I would think come nowhere close to making them more friendly than the internal combustion engine.

At just 75MPH top speed, I can't help but wonder just how much a passenger and a steep grade drag that number down.

That said, in the long run electric may very well be our future, so I'm happy to see the innovation, but it isn't a purchase I would consider, or a vehicle that I see much of a nitch for except for a regular commute for somebody who doesn't want to take their car.

You need to put real miles on it to make it worthwhile from the environmental perspective, and few people who ride a lot of miles could live with the recharging, speed, and range limitations.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Not impressed. Call me when the range tops 200 miles.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This EV thing really turns me off, seems it's all built around, 'I hope it works'. But who knows? There are those who invest big $ in this EV thing. Can you visualize pushing this roadster into a head wind? I dunno, it has the portable charge cord, so maybe there's a charging station, 'somewhere'.

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking this will start out as an urban commuter vehicle for those going green. It will also be used for urban deliveries(they already have a model released for that specific purpose) Next, they will increase the range by developing stronger batteries or some kind of self charging system (maybe solar). I don't see it being used as a touring vehicle as yet......but who knows what the future holds? ................
    Only the Shadow Knows.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

An electric vehicle is not meant for touring. 100 miles leaves you with a 50 mile round trip on a good day. However, if your intent is to use it for short commutes around town, it has a place.

In the long run, I don't think electric vehicles are economical or as environmentally friendly as their proponents think. They are an alternative, and that's all.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Electric vehicles may have their negative side, and in some ways may not be as environmentally beneficial as touted when compare to internal combustion. But you do have to admit that in the case of Arcimoto they are producing physical vehicles, even if they are ugly and short range. Paul Elio is still producing vaporware (gasoline vapors?) 3 wheel cars. The Elio Motors Facebook page has not had a meaningful update in over two years.

The single biggest downside I see with battery powered vehicles is the death like stranglehold China may put on our economy when our Lithium supplies start getting short and they decide to restrict the export of their supplies. Recycling lithium batteries should be mandatory.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I tend to think that their primary vehicle can make a great deal of sense, it's their version of a roadster that feels like and afterthought and doesn't really fit very well.

Given that they are just starting up, they may be in a much better position to enter the roadster market in a few years, and instead keep a narrower focus on the city vehicles that should do fine with a 100 mile range and a 75MPH speed limit.

As to Elio, clearly no comparison.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Aw c'mon, get serious. Over $20,000 for a toy that has a range of 100 miles or less, has all the grace of a tractor, and has no track record.

This is pretty much a no brainer.

And Elio was a scam from the get go.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Aw c'mon, get serious. Over $20,000 for a toy that has a range of 100 miles or less, is ugly as sin, and has no track record.

This is pretty much a no brainer.

And Elio was a scam from the get go.
    Their base electric vehicle is 18K, which is not expensive for electrical, and who knows, it may drop if they can build up volume. A used RT can cost the same, and plenty of people buy those and ride them 100 miles a month.

Spyder Garage

Elio aimed too high, probably would have been fair DIY kit using existing components in new shell.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Link is no good!
    Just tried it; and it linked up fine for me. Well worth the trouble to try and view it again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    Just tried it; and it linked up fine for me. Well worth the trouble to try and view it again!
    This is what I get.

Gmail by Google

Temporary Error (404)

We’re sorry, but your account is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.You can view the G Suite Status Dashboard for the current status of the service.

If the issue persists, please visit the Help Center »

Try Again Sign Out

Show Detailed Technical Info
    It looks like the link [mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=96a4ad6f4e&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1686988228864245344&th=176962db29b7fe60&view=att &disp=safe] goes to a specific message in your Gmail account, which of course no one else has access to. I can get into my Gmail with no problem. You'll need to find a link to the content outside of Gmail.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage