Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Chris56, Lee T. Dunlap, and others - need Outlander Deluxe Fairing & bar advice?

I need a bit of advice, but first Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!!! I got the Outlander Deluxe Fairing and I can’t get it to line up on my stock Rally bars flipped 180 degrees. The angle of the bar rise will not permit proper alignment. If I buy the Outlander blk. Bars, as used buy others, part number 709401240 will this insure a proper mount up? TIA, cueman

Spyder Garage

Hi Cueman - also Merry Christmas to you ..

the original handlebars from the Outlander will work without any problems, but there are also some others what you could use, I took the one from a (used) Superbike (Aprilia Mille) ..

on the other side this guys here use it with the rally handlebars .. maybe they can help !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMeWiMeOl_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_jQbUa5BGI
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Chris56, I watched the videos and any others I could find, I just can’t seem to get things lined up properly. Some people, like you, make it look effortless putting on and taking off the fairing. I can’t even get it close to lining up! Is there some proper procedure that I’m missing for the initial install? If I can’t figure this out soon, I will order the Outlander bars and hope for the best. TIA, cueman

Spyder Garage

you have to mount the fairing horizontally, not with the nose up or down - I want to wrap her now .. about like this :
    (the lid of the glovebox is cutted on mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Not to hijack or reroute the thread but what about the Outlander faring with the Ryker Cross Style bars? They are wider and have more pull back than the stock Ryker bars. The advantage is that they are already drilled for the alignment pins on the controls.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That’s a good idea but, I think the non adjustable fairing mounts rely on the angle of handle bar rise to make it a proper fit.

Spyder Garage

I would turn the left grip-part with the switch for the "Blinkers" a little more forward - than its much easier to catch - do it a little more then I did - if you make the whole for it ..

the silver Aluminium parts on the handlebars have to be black !! (not silver)

the middle rubber protection-clip with the CAN-AM Logo is only around 15,- .. looks great ?!?

I plan to add two "plates" inside the fairing to cover all these wholes - looks bot perfect

but all together you will love it - also some hours in the cold rain here are no problem now !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qepHyfbfE&t=78s
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tried turning the handlebars every way possible. What is the difference between the black mounts and the silver? I’m in the USA and have only seen the silver fairing mounts to handlebars. I pulled the pins out of my throttle and blinker side control housings so I can rotate controls to most comfortable area for me. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I tried turning the handlebars every way possible. What is the difference between the black mounts and the silver? I’m in the USA and have only seen the silver fairing mounts to handlebars......
    Any chance you could take a pic or two so that everyone can see the difficulties you're having??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can take pictures but don’t know how to post. We didn’t have computers when I was in school. I was lucky to have a pencil. LOL I’m going to order the Outlander Handlebars tomorrow. I will let you folks know how it works out when they come in. Thank you all for wanting to help. cueman

Spyder Garage

With any luck, the Outlander Bars will do the trick for you!

Still, posting pics isn't really all that hard!! If you can take/get a picture loaded onto the device you are posting on here, then it's simply a matter of using the 'Reply to Thread' option &/or selecting 'Go Advanced' (down the bottom right of the Quick Reply text field) and then scrolling down into 'Additional Options' to where it says 'Manage Attachments'. Once you've opened 'Manage Attachments', select where your pic is coming from, open that file/device & select/choose the appropriate image so that its address appears in the 'Choose File' field, then once again going to the bottom right corner, you need to select 'Upload File' - and I can assure you, it's a whole lot harder to type out these instructions than it is to actually DO the 'post a pic' bit!!

If your pic &/or its address isn't coming up in the appropriate place, then you've missed a step somewhere, PM me & we'll step thru it; but if it's displaying sideways or upside down, then you probably took it with your camera/device's 'anchor corner' on the wrong side for the software here to handle it!! You can rotate & save your pic in a photo editor before trying again; but if you are taking pics purely for the Forum, then the pics from most smartphone cameras will work fine if you take them in Portrait mode - if you need to go to landscape mode to fit it all in/just because, almost all of pics from smartphone's will work properly here if you rotate the smartphone/camera ANTI-clockwise into Landscape mode, so that the corner that WAS top right in Portrait becomes top LEFT in landscape mode...... got no helpful hints for other digital cameras tho, you'll need to know which corner of the image they use as their anchor point and align the camera so that when uploaded here, that corner ends up in the top left corner!

Over to you! And good luck with the Outlander Bars!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting pictures information! I will study this and give it a shot in the near future. It would be more fun if I was able to join in with picture posting. cueman
    O

Spyder Garage

Hi Chris. I am looking to ship my spider RT to Europe from Florida to ride for a few months. Do you know of a good shipping company from the US to someplace in Europe. I kept a Honda Varadero in Cork Ireland three years and rode all over Europe for three months at a time. But I can’t hold a two wheeler up anymore so I bought another Can-Am spider RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yardageman View Post
    Hi Chris. I am looking to ship my spider RT to Europe from Florida to ride for a few months. Do you know of a good shipping company from the US to someplace in Europe. I kept a Honda Varadero in Cork Ireland three years and rode all over Europe for three months at a time. But I can’t hold a two wheeler up anymore so I bought another Can-Am spider RT.
    I would look for a "slowtravel" Company and ask if you can add your Spyder ... it sounds like you have enough time ..

https://www.langsamreisen.de/en/freightertravel/