Spyder Garage

Default How can I mount an oxygen generator on a Spyder?

I soon will be on oxygen. I have a portable oxygen generator but need to find out how to mount on an RT Spyder. Any suggestions will be helpful
    Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-25-2020 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - This is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....
    2013 RT Limited
    2013 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting an oxygen concentrator

Hi all. Looking for some help.
    I have a 2013 rt Spyder that I would like to mount my oxygen generator to rather than to carry it over my shoulder or back pack

Any suggestions?
    Thank you
    2013 RT Limited
    2013 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

How big is it? Will it fit in the frunk?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

It is about 11’’x12’’ carry over the shoulder unit. Cannot put in frunk or trunk because it would collapse my oxygen hose when the lid closes
    2013 RT Limited
    2013 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Just of the top of my hat, put it in a tankbag, don't know if they sell big enough units though.
    or use a coupler, create a outlet via the frunkcoupling.jpg
    so you can connect your hose, to generator, and the hose
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

How about bungeeing it to the back seat and running the hose up over you shoulder? I've seen a cargo net with bungee cords that would fit just fine.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Or, put it into a bag that will sit on the rear seat and strap the bag down. Leave the zipper/closure open a little for cooling, drawing in ambient air and to allow for routing the tubing. The new battery-powered concentrators have given a whole new level of freedom to those requiring supplemental oxygen.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

They make bulk head connectors that you could install in the side of the wall of the frunk and then you could use quick disconnects to pipe it up on both sides of that so you could assemble and disassemble as you wish and will still have a water tight trunk! Most good auto parts stores would be able to help you threw this, they use them for air on big trucks! Good like think out of the box, you'll get it!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know nothing about this, but is heat from the frunk a factor?

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting an oxygen concentrator

There is non collapsing, thick wall tubing and using the newer PVC push to seal water pipe, you could easily run and inverter in your frunk and pipe with push to connect fittings back to the front of your seat underneath the tupperware to maker the connection to your nasal cannula.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I modified the front lip of the funk. I had it so that my wife oxygen hose would go through it. It worked really good.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

I assume ( which I really hate to do) the it will run on 12 volts and need to be in an area with good air circulation. How about a horizontal rack on the trunk. Maybe even a protective enclosure around it.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

The ones I've seen use batteries. If you're wanting to run it off the tryke, you'll want to watch the draw, those things pull a decent amount if I recall, but it's been a while since I looked at one.

As far as mounting it - do you usually have a passenger? The horizontal rack isn't a bad idea, but how much does it weigh? I'm going to assume that even if you're powering it from the tryke, you'll still have the battery attached. I know the rack on mine is only good for a few pounds. I'd strap it to the passenger seat.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I never thought about getting a luggage rack and strapping the unit to that in a protected bag.
    2013 RT Limited
    2013 RT Limited , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Best of luck !