Spyder Garage

Default Wiring a seat heater - am I going to blow myself up??

I have a question on seat heater wires. One red wire goes to the battery positive, an orange goes to a switched power source, and a yellow goes to an illumination source. On the Spyder are those not all the same wire? A seat heater does not need a constant 12 volts I don't think and the rest of the wires can hook up to one of the accessory outlets that is provided. Am I wrong here or am I going to blow myself up, lol.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-24-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - This is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....

Spyder Garage

I have aftermarket seat heaters with lighted switches - lighted only when turned on. Power supply is only two wires - one is ground and the other (positive) is from the fuse block that is on only when the ignition is on. But there are 3 wires from the under seat connector to the switch. I'm assuming one is for the light.

20201030_153626.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

This is a WAG because I have built and wired my own but I would assume the red wire is heavier gauge than the others. The orange would go to the user circuit which is hot only when the bike is running and probably trips a relay. The yellow? no clue but probably the same user circuit. Again - a WAG.
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 12-29-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey