Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2021 Road Trips, who's going where?

I was just reading a post about someone planning a road trip and rather that hyjack his post I thought I should start another. What trips do you have planned for 2021 already? I live in Maine and I am planning a trip to Tennessee in the spring. (sister & BIL live there) I have a friend in N Carolina and we are planning to hook up and ride some in the area. I've never been to The Tail of The Dragon, and Mertle Beach has been on my bucket list for a long time now. It will probably be a 2 week trip. So what else is a must see along the route or in that area? I plan on using main roads and no interstate. Happy planning and riding.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

We are thinking a trip to Lamonster Garage in the spring. Spyder in the Ozarks in September. And hopefully a trip to Sturgis and surrounding area in the summer. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Planning a group ride this July with a group of people I work with (they live in Ohio I live in New Jersey) to ride Blue Ridge Parkway from the beginning to the end. The rattler and a few more roads we can find. (did the tail and got a shirt from it this year.)

Spyder Garage

I'm planning a western US trip. I will hit Glacier NP, travel through Idaho, Washington and Oregon as I head over to California for the Redwoods. Looking at a two week trip. I'd love to sneak over and catch part of Canada but I'll have to wait and see if the borders open again or not.

Spyder Garage

Ive got a trip planed for FL keys in Feb.,will definitely get down to Maggie Valley this year.Like to go back to upstate NY again Bethel/Woodstock area for more than just a day.VA. and WV.(Talon)for sure.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

South Carolina to PALO DORO CANYON, Canyon, TX to Ft. Kent, ME and back...
    as for riding the Blue Ridge Parkway the entire length... be prepared for SLOOOOOW GOING... posted 45 mph max, and lot's of traffic... gr8 restaurant @ mile marker 409...
    as for the Tail of the Dragon, when crossing over into TN, SLOW DOWN, the lawmen are waiting with radar and sound detectors...
    for Mertle Beach, other than the typical tourist traps, it's somewhat boring... flat roads and traffic traffic traffic....

i may try to do the WINDY 9 in Ohio is i have time and energy...

good luck and good riding to all... hopefully 2021 is better than 2020 - this has been a horrible year for riding....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

LaMonster in Spring for Alignment.....tour the Ozarks.
    Summer: Glacier, Oregon Crater Lake...Washington Coast.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

I had to postpone my trip up PCH this year. I am planning it for April 2021 now. Can't wait.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Spyder Garage

A great idea for a new thread.

We are also doing some of that winter planning. This year we stayed within 200 miles of home base, avoided crowds, and just toured the surrounding radius. Approx. 20,000 miles over all three of our bikes. That is a record for us, but now we have 360 days a year to do it in.

This year: some ideas:
    explore the four adjacent states. Need some cajun, tex mex, and BBQ foods to try in their natural environment.
    hope to make two extended trips. One to the Black Hills, and one to Utah. We now have family in both places.
    hope to attend some of the closer rallies.
    we want to further explore Branson MO. Many places to dine and many shows to see.
    Going to visit SpyderPops for servicing and farkleing in the early part of the year.

At the moment, that is what is on the burner. Pray and hope the virus will be settled down so the above becomes possible.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-24-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

A couple of rallies at the least. Three wheel rally in Deadwood, SD and the NorCal rally in ??????????????
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I'm planning on Deadwood in July for the three wheel rally. I'm sure there will be other trips as well, but not planned yet. 2020 I did not do near enough.
    Gary

US Army Vietnam era vet

2023 Can Am F3
    2020 Can Am Ryker 900 ACE (traded)
    2013 Can Am Spyder RT SE5 (traded)
    2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (sold)
    2012 Honda NC700X (sold)
    2012 Honda CBR250 (sold)

States visited on 2 or 3

2020 900 Ace , Black on black

Spyder Garage

SD Black Hills for 10 days Memorial Day weekend. That's all that's in the books for now, but we tend to do a lot of overnighters on the weekends with some friends. Yellowstone in 2022.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

we are planning similar rides to the locations that Tango mentioned.
    we are from the Omaha area and also ride frequently with NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) and also their annual rally in August in Council Bluffs.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Papa103- good call, always nice to look forward to new adventures.
    I’m still a noobie myself, and getting my roadlegs under me. but I’ve got my eyes set on re-visting the curvy joys & scenery in West ‘ByGod Virginia.
    Something terribly satisfying about hugging those roads that have been barely cut out of the Mountains.
    Its barely a “trip” since I’m in Ohio, but what I learn on these small trips will prepare me for bigger ones to come.
    (Also... my F3-T is ..?modestly spacious, but its no packmule like the RT.)

Seeing some talk of the Blue Ridge Parkway!... thats a good one! I’ve not seen most of it,
    but been on a 2 or 3 small sections of it (decades ago, in my truck).
    ...Seem to remember getting detoured off it, just when it started to look interesting.
    Anyrate, that seems like a GREAT idea for a future trip too, with some adequate planning. +1 for The List.

2021 might also see a nice long trip to Eastern Tennessee in late Summer (“long” for me is taking a 1week, not OnCall, OutOfOffice).
    Got some friends I’d really like to visit, and views to take in.
    I’m a foodie too, so... i just gotta pull over where ever my nose tells me I should stop.

Other than that... Too many things West of Mississippi to count that need visiting, but thats beyond beyond 2021 for me.
    +1 for those mighty Redwoods!
    2019 SpYder F3-T
    +Lamonster Mirror Locks AMEN! | +Lamonster FogLights | +MadStad Windsheild | +Dual A-Arm Running Lights
    +Spyclops LED Light | +SpyderExtras Grille | +TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors
    ...and what dreams may come

Spyder Garage

Hoping to make a trip to central Wisconsin to visit my sisters. Would then ride with them and their husbands around Wisconsin. Also hope to make a trip out West to visit some national parks. Would also like to get to Alabama to visit a good friend. Want to ride the Great River Road on the Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin sides of the river. All depends on COVID19 status as the summer progresses.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

You flatlanders who are thing of heading to the left coast, don't hesitate to contact me for tips. Here's a sample; If you want ocean views and you travel Hwy.101, there aren't any worth mentioning in Washington. The Oregon coast is drop dead gorgeous from Yachats south. I can't get enough of it.
    As for me, I'm playing it by ear.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Looks like lots of good destinations if the new year.
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

Spyder Garage

I finally figured out how to get my map in my signature. These are only destinations I have made with my Spyder. I've only had the Spyder for about a 1 1/2 years. I put over 15000 miles on it in 2020. Now I'm ready to take on the rest of the world. lol
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

Spyder Garage

Planning a spring trip to Texas Hill Country on the Spyder RT with my wife riding pillion. This will probably be a three week trip and include Natchez Trace. Later in the year an open ended trip to the west coast and up the coast through California, Oregon, and Washington. Back east to Glacier Park and Yellowstone. I will be on my own for this trip so I will more than likely ride the Moto Guzzi. Of course this all hinges on what the new year brings.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Northwest motorcycle camping trips for us this summer. Maybe east as far as the Dakotas.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I hope to ride around lakes Michigan and Superior next year.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Later in the year an open ended trip to the west coast and up the coast through California, Oregon, and Washington. Back east to Glacier Park and Yellowstone.
    Like I stated before, there's precious little ocean to see along Hwy.101 in Washington. Assuming you are north, it's worth the ride to go up to and around the Olympic Peninsula and ride up to Hurricane Ridge from the town of Port Angeles. To cross Washington, do take Hwy.20 just south of the Canadian border, it begins at Sedro Woolley. It's one of this country's (if not the world) premier motorcycle roads. While still in Washington, it is well worth it to drop down to Hwy.12 which runs across Idaho and into Montana over Lolo Pass - voted by many THE BEST motorcycle road ever. You will thank me. Any other east-west road across Washington is pretty arid and mostly wheat growing country.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I have 2 trips planned. First, going to Texas Hill Country in April to meet some old friends and make some new ones. Then I plan to do a summer trip to the N.W. to visit family in Washington and Oregon. Planning on 10 days for Texas trip and 20-30 for the N.W. trip..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    ride Blue Ridge Parkway from the beginning to the end.
    to make it interesting you can ride Skyline Drive, starts in Front Royal, VA goes right into BRP. riding at the crest of the mountains like BRP.
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

we are planning maybe june from albany ny to skyline, brp , the tail maybe the rattler taking month if all works we have 2 bikes
    2019 f3t , titanium