Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone tried Power Vision 3 on their 2020+ 1330's?

I'm looking to add a tuner to my 2020 RT. I'd rather not have to send my ECU away for a tune.
    Dynojet compatibility for the PV3 lists the 2019 F3 (1300) but nothing for any year RT!
    My assumption is the PV3 will work on the '20+ 1300s, F3 or RT, but I'm not pulling the trigger yet.

Has anyone attempted to install & use a PV3 on a 2020?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

They do show this fitting the RT Limited 2019 model. https://www.dynojet.com/power-vision...-am-spyder-f3/

"This product FITS your Can-Am Spyder RT Limited SE6 2019"

I would call and ask about the 2020 just to be sure.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I awaiting their reply to my query.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.

Spyder Garage

followup to this thread....

Spyder Garage

Nothing yet.

Spyder Garage

I received a reply. Spoiler alert! Looks promising, likely that the PV3 will work on the 2020s.
    (BOLD type was from me)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    T.J. Krob (Dynojet)

Dec 28, 2020, 9:40 AM PST

Raybjur,

Thank you for contacting Dynojet Research. We appreciate your interest and support of our products.

There is a strong likelihood that the PV3-25-05 https://www.dynojet.com/power-vision...-am-spyder-f3/ unit would be compatible with both bikes. The only way to know whether we have pre-built tunes ready is to plug the PV3 into the diag port of the 2020 and key the vehicle on. Allow the PV3 display to fully boot up.
    During this time it will gather vehicle information as a PV_Info.txt file. Plug the PV3 into your computer - it will enumerate as a POWERVISION Drive - Attach back that PV_Info file and we can recommend a tune/further steps.

Regards,
    ~T.J.

Spyder Garage

If you pull the trigger on it be sure to post back the results here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

get the monster stage 2 you will be happy

Spyder Garage

I ride year-round and RT is in warranty so I want to be able to reset ECU if the RT ever needs to see the dealer. PV3 fits the need.
    I have several add-ons to do before I order the PV3. Probably in a couple months but before Yellowstone run next May.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah dont get fooled by that . You may end up removing your ECU and sending it in to get a tune from them.

You wont really know until you plug it in to your bike.

Some of us found out the hard way. Same goes for the Harness.

I would wait and see if anyone else gets one for more feedback how it worked out on the 2020 on up.

Spyder Garage

With the supplied jumper cable, I was able to connect without ECU removal. I "think" this snafu has been corrected, but simply ask for the cable when ordering..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I used the programer that monster sells, don't have to send the ECU out. Worked great!

Spyder Garage

Hi All, is anyone using Dynojet's POWER VISION 3 FOR CAN-AM SPYDER https://www.dynojet.com/power-vision...-am-spyder-f3/

They say "This product FITS your Can-Am Spyder RT Limited SE6 2021". They also claim "We’ve raised the bar when it comes to what you should expect from a fuel tuner. Power Vision’s easy-to-read, no-nonsense display puts performance at your fingertips, empowering you to choose from our vast library of pre-tested tunes or to build one yourself. The Power Vision fuel tuner updates the tables directly within the ECU to optimize the air/fuel ratio, keeping you in sync and in control. When you’re back in the garage, your performance data can then be clearly seen using our Power Core software to help you improve your ride. The Power Vision device holds multiple tunes at once and allows you to optimize your ride for power, speed or fuel-efficiency. After you’ve flashed your ECU, you can either unplug the device or head out with Power Vision attached as an extra instrument panel. Power Vision easily connects through the OEM-style connectors, so installation won’t keep you away for long."

I have been pretty disappointed with the Can Am's performance (coming from a BMW R1200 GS). I have the pedal commander, which makes it way snappier and more enjoyable, but not faster and would love to tweak a little more performance out of it. This seems like an easy way to do it and can change the tune to accommodate exhaust/intake changes, etc.

Has anyone tried it?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2024 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Removed Post title after merge - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I put the PV3 on my '20 RT and it definitely improves acceleration and adds a bit to top end. I run with a group of spirited sport tourers in the same class as your Beemer and can now (mostly) keep up with them.

Spyder Garage

Have one installed. Purchased from Fuel Moto. Like others, I had the cable snafu that was quickly corrected. That snafu was DJ didn't always include the correct connection cable. That said, I am very happy with my PV3. Living only 100 miles from Fuel Moto, they built my 1st map. After I added a different exhaust and modified (drilled cover) intake, I sent them my data logs from quite a bit of riding. A week later, I had a newly built map to download. Bike runs awesome. Map is for my specific machine. Very happy...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks all, just pulled the trigger on the Power Vision 3
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

Spyder Garage

Please let us know what you think of it and any difficulties with tuning etc.
    Safe travels ✌🏼
    My rights don’t end where your feelings begin.

21 Sea To Sky

2 & 3 wheels

Caged

Spyder Garage

Could someone explain what the difference is between this and the pedal commander?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Drwerner View Post
    Thanks all, just pulled the trigger on the Power Vision 3
    Me to. My bill to and deliver to addresses were transposed in the email acknowledgement they sent me. Hope that's not the standard of service from them.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Could someone explain what the difference is between this and the pedal commander?
    Pedal Commander doesn't change the tune or how the engine runs at all, it simply enhances the responsiveness of your throttle inputs, so you get to WOT quicker..... but you'll never get any more power from the engine, just an earlier response to any throttle input!

Power Vision actually enhances/improves the engine running, power delivery, & tune by intercepting the signals from all the various sensors & using some 'less generic' or possibly even 'better tune' settings from the tables developed by & held on the Power Vision unit instead of relying on the BRP developed 'generic' defaults that are (still) held on/hard coded in the ECU.... And if you're concerned about engine longevity &/or reliability, you should remember that the Standard BRP tables for our Spyders/Rykers are somewhat 'de-tuned' &/or 'de-rated' from the settings that BRP themselves use reliably for the same engines in other platforms, so you aren't necessarily stressing the engine any more than it's truly capable of....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Well said! I would advise not to overlook Pedal Commander. While it does not make the bike any faster, it does make it more enjoyable - the throttle response is much better. More motorcycle like. I spoke to Power Vision and the PV3 can alter throttle response - but it is not possible to change as easily or on the fly as Pedal Commander - so I am keeping Pedal Commander.

Spyder Garage

Well let's see, the GS had about 119 HP and 88 lb.ft of torque and a wet weight of 500lbs., the Spyder has 115hp and 97 lb.ft of torque and weighs 900 lbs. with at least 3X rotational mass to accelerate...don't believe enough flashing to get you arrested for indecent exposure is going to close that performance gap . You might mask the difference a little by increasing the throttles rate of opening, but the Spyder will not perform as well as the GS had, just saying, but good luck! Regards, (BTW the GS numbers are at the rear wheel and the Spyder numbers are at the crank, which puts the GS horsepower something over 125hp at the crank for comparison.).
    Last edited by BMac920; 03-06-2022 at 10:58 PM. Reason: HP & Torque information added.
    2018 F3-L
    w/2600mi-2/14/22
    - The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    - HeliBars
    - 20" MadStad Wind Screen
    - Garmin Zumo XT
    - ROLO LASER Alignment, Tyler Texas
    - Greased Front Sprocket Splines w/TS-70
    - Baja Ron Heim End Links
    Many two-wheelers and w/40+ years of Riding
    The Woodlands, Texas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Pedal Commander doesn't change the tune or how the engine runs at all, it simply enhances the responsiveness of your throttle inputs, so you get to WOT quicker..... but you'll never get any more power from the engine, just an earlier response to any throttle input!

Power Vision actually enhances/improves the engine running, power delivery, & tune by intercepting the signals from all the various sensors & using some 'less generic' or possibly even 'better tune' settings from the tables developed by & held on the Power Vision unit instead of relying on the BRP developed 'generic' defaults that are (still) held on/hard coded in the ECU.... And if you're concerned about engine longevity &/or reliability, you should remember that the Standard BRP tables for our Spyders/Rykers are somewhat 'de-tuned' &/or 'de-rated' from the settings that BRP themselves use reliably for the same engines in other platforms, so you aren't necessarily stressing the engine any more than it's truly capable of....
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to lnow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BMac920 View Post
    Well let's see, the GS had about 119 HP and 88 lb.ft of torque and a wet weight of 500lbs., the Spyder has 115hp and 97 lb.ft of torque and weighs 900 lbs. with at least 3X rotational mass to accelerate...don't believe enough flashing to get you arrested for indecent exposure is going to close that performance gap . You might mask the difference a little by increasing the throttles rate of opening, but the Spyder will not perform as well as the GS had, just saying, but good luck! Regards, (BTW the GS numbers are at the rear wheel and the Spyder numbers are at the crank, which puts the GS horsepower something over 125hp at the crank for comparison.).
    No one questions the difference between a GS vs Spyder. Clearly different animals. Since our group doesn't do track days, top speeds and acceleration on public roads is somewhat limited before the next curve. Of coarse the GS will out-run a Spyder but at least I can still see them and there a stretches of twisties that the Spyder embarrasses even the fabled GS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Me to. My bill to and deliver to addresses were transposed in the email acknowledgement they sent me. Hope that's not the standard of service from them.
    Got a call from them (Dynojet) a few minutes ago and they corrected the ship to address. Also double checked that the adapter cable would be included. Nice conversation.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange