Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OK, the weather is just too cold, getting colder and it's gonna snow soon, so I got tired of waiting.

Did not take the Spyder outside, just ran it in the shop to try it again.

Basically did the "LaMonster method" with two details changed:

1. Instead of turning the key ON and doing the procedure, the engine was RUNNING.
    2. Instead of blindly waiting 30 seconds, I watched the warning lights on the display. Once they did a real quick cycle through (don't blink, you'll miss it), I released the 4-way switch and turned off the 4-way flashers, then did the turn signal "let it blink once and turn the key OFF".

Works like a charm, and I did not have to do the other side, once was enough.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the follow-up.
    I bought the SB LEDS for my soon to be 2017 F3T and will install at the first service opportunity.
    Cheers,
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Hope works, I ordered the LED blubs from Amazon noted in OP first post. They are suppose to be delivered tomorrow.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

For the record, the physical location of the resistors is irrelevant. They just need to be 'electrically' the same point.

Source ---------------------------------Resistor--LED
    is the same as
    Source --Resistor--------------------------------LED

(Note: This is not a wiring diagram. Resistors connect across the Source & ground.)
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Anyone figure out how to reset the hyper flash on a 2018 with the new dash?

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    For the record, the physical location of the resistors is irrelevant. They just need to be 'electrically' the same point.

Source ---------------------------------Resistor--LED
    is the same as
    Source --Resistor--------------------------------LED

(Note: This is not a wiring diagram. Resistors connect across the Source & ground.)
    I was a little concerned about resistor location only because the turn signals are powered somewhat individually by the instrument cluster. The fronts are LED, the rears are incandescent. I have the resistors in the fairing, behind the front signals, wasn't sure if front vs. rear location would make a difference.

For now, the resistors are still in place near the front signals and the lights are working well, I'm going to stop.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I decide to throw in the towel and am retuning mine to Amazon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I decide to throw in the towel and am retuning mine to Amazon.
    Just found this regarding hyper flashing, changing flashers to "international mode" in BUDS is suppose to fix the issue on 2018+ Spyders. Anyone in East Valley of Phoenix have a BUDS system that could change that setting for me?

Well the nice guys at Nash in Mesa could not find a setting to change. Drats!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Just found this regarding hyper flashing, changing flashers to "international mode" in BUDS is suppose to fix the issue on 2018+ Spyders. Anyone in East Valley of Phoenix have a BUDS system that could change that setting for me?

Well the nice guys at Nash in Mesa could not find a setting to change. Drats!
    Today I installed 8 ohm 50w resistors and lights flash correctly now. There is no metal in the area behind the tail light assembles, so I put the resistors on standoffs on the back side of the saddle bags rear wall so the air can flow around them on all sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Normal flash when straight and fast flash when moving into turn

As I described above, I changed both the rear turn and backup bulbs to Amber LEDs and rewired the backup bulbs to be turn signals. I did not have fast flash.

Then for un-related reasons, I "reset" my electronics by disconnecting negative cable from the battery and temporarily touching it to the positive cable.

I got the fast flash. So performed the re-calibration procedure. The fast flash went away.

EXCEPT while actually in the middle of a turn.

That is, I will be in the turn lane or road with my handlebars straight-ahead with turn signal on with a normal flash rate. Then when I turn the handlebars while moving it switches to fast flash before automatically cancelling. This is repeated at the next turn -- normal flash when straight then fast flash moving into turn. I decided I like it. YMMV
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike