Spyder Garage

Default LED Turn signal Installation - need some guidance?

I'm trying to install Spyderpops RT Full View Turn Signals on my 2014 RT and need help with the wiring. The kit claims Plug & Play. When I took the mirrors off, there is only a solid line of wires between the inside of the mirror and deep into the bike. There is no evident connector on either end. I don't want to damage the mirror housing by taking it apart with no instructions, and I'd like to avoid unnecessarily taking more of the bike apart. Have any of you had this issue? Thanks
    harness.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-20-2020 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Prefix removed - this is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a 14 RT...... I made my own LED turn sig. Mod. .... I hard wired mine into the OEM wires ..... there are two parts to removing the mirrors ... #1.-physically removing the mirror from the body .... #2.- pulling out the OEM wire harness which is either stuffed into mirror itself or stuffed into the body panel. .....gently pull either side until you get to the connector, and separate it ..... the Spyderpops connector is used between the OEM ends. ... I'm surprised you didn't get directions, Harvey sells good stuff .... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

there is a plug u should have it right there when you pop the mirror loose from the body

Spyder Garage

The plug is in the hole just pull easy
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just like what fatboy, samewok & BK said...The plug is right there...just like when you ALWAYS need to remove the mirrors to do anything on our RT's...Just inside the hole...Follow the harness to the male/female plug...Push clip and unplug...larryd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had Lamonts version (the Longhorn, which is probably an identical product) on my '18 RT. As others have said, gently pull on the wiring as the OEM connector is either pushed inside the mirror or the body. Be careful as the clip may snag on the bodywork opening. The big connectors go inbetween the OEM connectors and the smaller (2? 3? pin) connector goes to the LED strip. Once I had everything hooked up, I ran a zip tie around the outermost connector, inbetween the wires and under the release tab that would keep everything together if the release tab caught on the bodywork. If the connection catches and disconnects, you can remove one panel and retrieve it. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reply. I'll pull a little harder, but pretty sure it's hanging up on something. I bought the kit through Lamonster, but the directions are really lacking. No description on finding the connector. That's why I figgered I needed to open the mirror housing. I'll give it another try.

Spyder Garage

I found the connector not in the mirror, but in the body. I just pulled and manipulated it until it came out. Fortunately, I broke nothing. Thanks for all the advice.