Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    It help to have two 36mm wrenches I have found. I got mine at a used tool store for $8 each. Yeah, I'm cheap. But they work as well as new ones do.
    My 36mm oil filter socket can serve as the second wrench! And be used on the torque wrench.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

The X-Creen is well worth the cost, and dollar for dollar has been right up there with my Baja Ron sway bar in terms of a vastly improved riding experience.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    The X-Creen is well worth the cost, and dollar for dollar has been right up there with my Baja Ron sway bar in terms of a vastly improved riding experience.
    I have a 27" tall and 4" wider windshield on order from 7 Jurock. A Baja Ron sway bar will be a follow on to the Federal car tires coming today and will be my next step to increase handling in the twisties. Chris

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

So last night I go the Federal Formoza AZ01 tires installed. I am seeing inflation recommendations from 18 PSI down to 13.5 PSI. Your thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    So last night I go the Federal Formoza AZ01 tires installed. I am seeing inflation recommendations from 18 PSI down to 13.5 PSI. Your thoughts?
    I run 18 psi in my Federals
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Note to Can Am: Put Federal Formoza AZ01 on as OEM tires! I just put 59 miles on the new tires. Much better. Ran it up to 80 mph and no vibrations, despite the fact that Discount Tire could not balance them. Pictures are of the weights that we on the wheels with the Kenda tires. I put 18 psi in them last night. I should have checked them this morning it was in the mid 50's. At any rate I let 2 pounds out of them mid ride and thought that was better. I was not two up. I ran 20 miles at higher speeds and then went to the Canyon Lake overview parking lot and back, so lots of twisties. Big improvement. The front seems much more planted. Happy rider!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

The Formoza is a lot of bang for the buck. Glad you are as happy with them as I am. My tire guy was able to balance them and each too 1/2 ounce. My Kendas had a bunch of weights too. So glad I'm rid of them even though I had only 4K miles on 'em.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    The Formoza is a lot of bang for the buck. Glad you are as happy with them as I am. My tire guy was able to balance them and each too 1/2 ounce. My Kendas had a bunch of weights too. So glad I'm rid of them even though I had only 4K miles on 'em.
    I put 2k on the Kenda's in two months. So at 7400 miles they appear to have lots of thread life left. I was thinking about throwing them in the crawl space of our park model for an emergence, so in a few years I can say "why did I keep them"!

Spyder Garage

We did a 200 mile trip across the Phoenix valley and back today. The Speedo use to be two MPH slow at 65 and now with the new Federal Formoza AZ01's it is 3 MPH slow. So I guess the speedo runs off one of the front ring tones and the new tires have a slightly different static radius. Can a dealer adjust that? Really like the way the trike tracks with the new tires. Bring on the sway bar.

Oh, and we stopped at lunch and went to leave and no start! Turned in off and tried a couple times before realizing DW had hit the kill switch while getting on, I never use the kill switch, so it took a few to figure it out. Chris

Spyder Garage

My speedo reads 2mph higher than the actual speed. That's before and after the switch to Federals. Healtech puts out a speedo corrector, but for that small an error, I wouldn't bother. Especially since you know what it is.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

The speedo runs off the rear wheel on all spyders not the front. Makes no difference what size tire is on the front. If you go to a 215/60r/15 on the rear it will correct your speedo.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I ordered the Baja Ron sway bar this morning. I went back a forth a bit in my mind regarding doing the shock adjusters first, however reading one of Ron's post about the OEM sway bar links being plastic/composite material, I decided to do that next. I have a guy with a side by side in the park that is going to let me drive up his loading ramps, after getting everything disconnected to pull out the old one and slide in the new one. Then back on my lower blocks to put everything back together. Besides my swivel end ratchet end wrench came yesterday.

Spyder Garage

At 6' would the 18" low boy replacement be right for me. Kinda wish these manufactures had a general guide for driver height vs window height. I think I saw one on another site but at 7Jurock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Anhur View Post
    At 6' would the 18" low boy replacement be right for me. Kinda wish these manufactures had a general guide for driver height vs window height. I think I saw one on another site but at 7Jurock.
    If you are going with a 7Jurock, Try my thing with a piece of cardboard clipped to the existing windshield and go riding. Raise to to the height you prefer and take a measurement from the bottom of the w/s to the top of the cardboard long the centerline and you have it.