Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    MRH yes she wants one, and if price was not an issue it would probably be a F3, but she does like the looks of the Ryker. She also really likes the looks of the Rss but again trying to get one or the F3 in the Ryker price range for a 2015 or 16 hasn't happened yet. Don't want to buy any older than that. Also not sure if the Rss would be a good bike for her because she will not be driving it very hard or fast and I'm not sure if that would be an issue with that higher revving engine.
    Just my two cents, and I'm not in your shoes, but if you buy the RSS, does she like it as much, ride it as much, and keep it a long as an F3? Do spend more on maintenance and mods for the RSS?

I'm in LA and just checked Craigslist for an F3, and there's one for 13.5, and it's a good bet that a cash in hand offer could bring that down to 11.5 (cash in hand is not the same as asking how low they will go on the phone). I might keep looking for an F3, you might have to take a few rides together to check them out, but isn't that the point of having a Spyder, anyway?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”
    - John Ruskin

Give it some thought.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Admittedly I only skimmed the comments - but I didn't see anyone talking about the vastly different seating position. The RS(S) line is the "crotch rocket" of the Spyder lineup. You are seated leaned forward with your feet almost behind you. You can add highway pegs/etc. to combat this but then you have to think about braking more - where's my feet compared to where the brake pedal is.

My wife started on a GS (which is an RS - just early years). We bought it because it was the cheapest we could find to see if she really liked it - as soon as she did we upgraded her to an RT for the better seating position. She wasn't comfortable for long on the GS.

Also - as you have somewhat eluded to - the Ryker will have a lot more options available these days for it - including LED Headlights. The GS/RS(S) bikes are old tech - and few and far between. As such there is not half as many accessories and the ones that use to exist are starting to disappear.

They are both targeted at a specific audience - and both have their pluses and minuses. Good luck with your deciding.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

MRH yes she wants one, and if price was not an issue it would probably be a F3, but she does like the looks of the Ryker. She also really likes the looks of the Rss but again trying to get one or the F3 in the Ryker price range for a 2015 or 16 hasn't happened yet. Don't want to buy any older than that. Also not sure if the Rss would be a good bike for her because she will not be driving it very hard or fast and I'm not sure if that would be an issue with that higher revving engine.
    There is a 2017 F3S on marketplace for $10,750. That is about what you would be paying for a ryker, and it is twice the bike(in my opinion). And this one only has about 2100 miles. It is so tempting, I was going to call him my self.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    There is a 2017 F3S on marketplace for $10,750. That is about what you would be paying for a ryker, and it is twice the bike(in my opinion). And this one only has about 2100 miles. It is so tempting, I was going to call him my self.
    Almost too good to be true; I would make sure the title has the sellers name on it....

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Almost too good to be true; I would make sure the title has the sellers name on it....
    Actually, I have come across deals like that on marketplace before. But you have to just be patient when searching, and be ready to jump when the deal hits. I found a 2011 RSS for a friend of mine about 3 years ago for $6000 with loads of extras. I also have a friend in our group that offered me his 2015 RSS for $8500 (low milage, as he has a young family). So deals are out there, just gotta wait for the bargains.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Actually, I have come across deals like that on marketplace before. But you have to just be patient when searching, and be ready to jump when the deal hits. I found a 2011 RSS for a friend of mine about 3 years ago for $6000 with loads of extras. I also have a friend in our group that offered me his 2015 RSS for $8500 (low milage, as he has a young family). So deals are out there, just gotta wait for the bargains.
    Nice deals! I picked up a GS for $5700 that was located nearby ( big selling point for me) and it came with a Corbin seat, touring windscreen. I added floorboards, heated grips and power port. You are right; deals can be had with some patience.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Blacklightning where did you see that F3, I can't seem to find it. I looked in the North Carolina area marketplace which I assume you were looking, but could find it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If "she won't be driving very hard or fast" buy a 600 Ryker. They are cheap, fun to drive, about 2/3 the size of a Spyder, maintenance is super minimal and there are tons of accessories if you want them. It will be fully warrantied and for about $650 you can add the BEST 3yr warranty.

Spyder Garage

Blacklightning where did you see that F3, I can't seem to find it. I looked in the North Carolina area marketplace which I assume you were looking, but could find it.
    Do a search closer to West Virginia. I believe that is where it is located.

Spyder Garage

Well, we finally settled on a 2020 Ryker Rally. Got a great deal from a lady in Indiana. Bike has 700 miles and still has 7 months of warranty left. It has yellow trim for now, not sure if we will change that. We will start accessorizing it this winter. First things will be a windshield (probably F4 custom) Lamonster floor boards, back rest, top case (not sure what kind yet). Might also change the mirrors, but will wait till she drives it to see if the stock mirrors are ok. She is excited and can't wait for spring. This will also be great for me as I can take off the Shad bags on my F3s. Bags are great but I like the looks of the bike much better without them. Should have enough storage between her top case and my Fronk to carry what we need on a normal day ride, and can add a larger bag on the back seat of my bike when needed. Thank you for all your commits and suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Swapping back and forth between them can be fun! That's what I do!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RYKER Large Foot Brake Pedal

Now available from Motorcycle Dave
    Ryker Foot Brake .jpeg
    Call Today 209-887-3283
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg