Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New Ryker Seat Option from Ultimate Seats

Came across this while surfing YouTube today.

Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

$474, plus requires a Max Mount
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    $474, plus requires a Max Mount
    ADD about another $450 for both backrest. I'd like just a drivers seat and backrest. (if comfy)

Spyder Garage

But does it fit well / still allow the saddle bag?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    ADD about another $450 for both backrest. I'd like just a drivers seat and backrest. (if comfy)
    That's crazy!

$200 for just one backrest! It's a bent piece of steel with padding!! Apparently they are trying to get back their engineering cost with only a few items sold.
    I never understood company pricing. They have two options.....high price means they make their money back but sell fewer products...low price means they make their money back but sell more products.

More products sold means a higher market saturation through word of mouth...which means more products sold. In the long run they make much more money.

Spyder Garage

Can-Am needs to offer a Grand Touring (GT) Ryker that offers a standard 2up suspension, seat, heated grips, advanced cvt for the customer that wants more but doesn’t want an F3.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did I miss seeing passenger pegs?...don't think they come with the Max Mount...only with Can-Am passenger seat.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    That's crazy!

$200 for just one backrest! It's a bent piece of steel with padding!! Apparently they are trying to get back their engineering cost with only a few items sold.
    I never understood company pricing. They have two options.....high price means they make their money back but sell fewer products...low price means they make their money back but sell more products.

More products sold means a higher market saturation through word of mouth...which means more products sold. In the long run they make much more money.
    Unfortunately, $200 for a back rest alone is mostly the going price for all seat stuff. I have been buying backrests as add-ons across most of my M/C's. Now into Spyders, and the same is going on. Had them on two Spyders, but same will go for the new Ultimate ones. Currently, no back rests, but have Comfort seats with the higher back on the standard versions. Accessories have always been up there in price...because they can. I have almost $1K in just lights on my most recent F3. Worth it? Cost wise no. Bling wise, Yes.

I already have a wish list for any new F3L.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-19-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Typical of Slingmods, they don't give complete info. Be careful if ordering from them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm hooked on Utopia backrests. The latest cost almost $275. Well worth it.

Spyder Garage

I wanted to be the first one to order the seat but ..

its longer than the max-mount and the "measuring from the passenger seat down to the driver seat is 5 - 1/2 inches" .. so I asked them if they could send me just the base-plate with the handlebars for the passenger to make a new cushion shorter and lower passenger version (like I did) .. no chance !

(there is an order number for the passenger pegs without the seat from BRP ..)

but I love the idea - maybe I find a solution till February
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I dont know why people are scoffing at $200 for the backrest.. the can am passenger backrest is $300 (but it does fold) and the little short rail is $205... and thats why i dont have a passenger backrest yet

Spyder Garage

When I saw this yesterday I went to their website and asked if they were going to be offering this in a solo seat setup. Got a very quick reply stating they had no plans at this time to offer this for the driver only.

Spyder Garage

So the Corbin and the Ultimate without backrests are about $475 plus $40? shipping? Your choice?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    So the Corbin and the Ultimate without backrests are about $475 plus $40? shipping? Your choice?
    A short while after I put my rally "up" for the Winter (Nov 20th), I came across the Ryker Comfort Seat on sale on Amazon for $250.00. I grabbed one (only 3 left). I'll install it next Spring. I'll purchase a backrest then also, unless I find the one I want on sale before then.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    A short while after I put my rally "up" for the Winter (Nov 20th), I came across the Ryker Comfort Seat on sale on Amazon for $250.00. I grabbed one (only 3 left). I'll install it next Spring. I'll purchase a backrest then also, unless I find the one I want on sale before then.
    An interesting side note: Amazon is always worth looking at. They mostly have EVERYTHING, and pricing is usually a little less that the companies sell the item for. If you know how to play the game, you can also get free shipping on virtually anything. Prime is NOT a requirement. We just got a new microwave and as heavy as it was, also included FREE shipping. Just like going to the store and picking it up, but ordered it from my computer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    if you look at the video-clip .. the driver sits on the Ultimate further ahead (2inch ?) because they need the space for the driver-backrest - I prefer to sit far back if I ride solo to have more grip ..
    if you ride 2up its better for the suspension if the passenger sits more in the middle of the Ryker the handling in small curves is better ..
    The complete Ultimate seat is longer than the max-mount ( 2-3 inch) and only fixed with one screw on the max-mount (but that's a good idea!!)
    Seems the Corbin would be better for you, but still a "lip" on the back..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Actually I think the midrider is the same distance back from the pictures but it is also about 2 1/2 inches higher than the stock seat.
    The 2 ultimates I had were Great and this will be hard to decide because I like the 2 seat look even though I rode alone BUT the
    Corbin is formed nice and extends back 2-3 inches further. I don't care about storage. Have to see some reviews of the Ultimate?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

As well if you buy from slingmods you can’t return them once you have installed them. But if you purchase directly from Ultimate Seats they have a 30 day return policy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lsyorn View Post
    When I saw this yesterday I went to their website and asked if they were going to be offering this in a solo seat setup. Got a very quick reply stating they had no plans at this time to offer this for the driver only.
    Maybe if enough people ask about just the rider seat version it might occur to them that there just might be a market for that.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Solo seat

I recently installed a new solo drivers seat of course in doing so I had to remove the max mount. Now I'm trying to figure out how to reinstall the max mount. Pretty sure it's doable just haven't come up with the answer yet. If anyone has managed to pull this off I'd sure like to hear how they managed to do it. Like wise if I manage to do it I'll let you all know. I don't plan on ever carrying a passenger, so it won't need to carry that kind of weight, just some sort of luggage.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I'm hooked on Utopia backrests. The latest cost almost $275. Well worth it.
    I put one of those on my new 2014 RT-S. It was ordered even before the bike arrived at the dealer. Good back rest.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Extremebob View Post
    I recently installed a new solo drivers seat of course in doing so I had to remove the max mount. Now I'm trying to figure out how to reinstall the max mount. Pretty sure it's doable just haven't come up with the answer yet. If anyone has managed to pull this off I'd sure like to hear how they managed to do it. Like wise if I manage to do it I'll let you all know. I don't plan on ever carrying a passenger, so it won't need to carry that kind of weight, just some sort of luggage.
    I've heard others say that it was a PIA to install the new Solo Driver Comfort Seat. Looking at images of that seat, it looks like it might be made of the same type foam as the original seat, is this the case, or is it a covered seat like the Driver Comfort Seat?
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Default New Ryker Seat Option from Ultimate Seats

I was looking into this seat however, I need arm rests for my passenger. Researching on how to do a DIY PVC Saddle Clamp arm rest.

Spyder Garage

You can order directly from ultimate seat and cut out the middle man