Spyder Garage

Default I wish BRP would do something like this

On my 2020 Polaris Slingshot with their Ride Command they just released an update that I did here at home that added Apple Car Play to the unit. It also fixed and added other things as well. I sure wish BRP could do something like this to my 2018 unit that would in my opinion make it more functional and allow the user to update the Spyder without having to go to the dealer.
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think the dealers would go for that idea. LOL More visits, more money.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Look at the bright side Billy, BRP updates are few and far between.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think the current dash is large enought to support Apple Carplay or Android Auto. I think both of those require a 7" screen. I'm still hoping the next gen RT/F3T/L have a big enough screen and support both. I doubt that will happen but I'm still hoping/wishing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I don't think the current dash is large enought to support Apple Carplay or Android Auto. I think both of those require a 7" screen. I'm still hoping the next gen RT/F3T/L have a big enough screen and support both. I doubt that will happen but I'm still hoping/wishing.
    This is the correct answer. The Spyder screen is too small for the requirements of CarPlay.
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

I guess I was just saying that I wish BRP would be like Polaris and let the user do the update. It was nice that they added Apple Car Play and several other updates for free and for me to do. It took all of 5 minutes to do the updates that added all that functionality to the unit. Also the minimum size for Car Play for is 6 inches... For carmakers, the minimum accepted display size is 6.5 inches, while aftermarket options can begin at 6 inches. Each of these displays have to be at least 24-bit colour displays, have 30Hz refresh rate (Apple recommends 60Hz), and have hardware support for H. 264 video decoding
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

I hope BRP will get their head out of their a** and scrape this new dash unit soon and get in the real game of GPS and sync. You should go to DooTalk and hear the hate for the NEW gauge that BRP charged more for. Its just like our Spyder, small (for a GPS), clunky if it works at all and a worthless GPS. Come on BRP, if you aren't going to test the units before production at least read some of these posts.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm just keeping it simple, mounting an external GPS, not dealing with BRP connect, working my iPhone is complicated enough for an 'old guy'. I do not need more distractions. Just my take on it, for the tech astute, I can understand the thinking in wanting the BRP Connect upgrade. After all, the buyer is paying for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
    This is the correct answer. The Spyder screen is too small for the requirements of CarPlay.
    Too small is an understatement. The GPS screen is reduced down to 1/2 our dash screen when in use. I don't know about you guys, but I can't squint down that far to read the maps. Meanwhile, I'm putting myself and passenger in harms way by not paying attention to the road while squinting. Only saving grace is you can get voice directions in your helmet(sometimes). That's why I mounted a freestanding Tomtom GPS on my Spyder cuff. Higher location allows me to see what's ahead while perusing my map. Come on BRP, you're charging upwards of 30K for this vehicle and this is what you give us for navigation?
    Merry Christmas all.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa103 View Post
    I hope BRP will get their head out of their a** and scrape this new dash unit soon and get in the real game of GPS and sync. You should go to DooTalk and hear the hate for the NEW gauge that BRP charged more for. Its just like our Spyder, small (for a GPS), clunky if it works at all and a worthless GPS. Come on BRP, if you aren't going to test the units before production at least read some of these posts.
    I was gonna mention this if you did not. There are a few people there saying "don't worry, BRP will fix it" ... I kindly remind them that its been on the Spyders for 3.5 years and it ain't any better than it was. It is funny to see BRP-C hate occurring simultaneously on two different forums. The BRP-C hate has a bit more edge on it over on Dootalk because it is an $800 option on sleds, and because hopes are being dashed. A little more salt in the wound is the Polaris unit is far superior ... and Doo guys really don't like that.

I am GSXConvert over there, BTW.
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan