Spyder Garage

Default 2020 rt limited rear seat - how does it come off?

I purchased seat covers for my new bike. I want to take off the rear seat but cant find any information on how to do it. I took off the big back case figuring there would be access to something there but there was nothing. if any one has any pictures of what I should be taking off the get to some kind of latch I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-16-2020 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Removed prefix - this is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Raise the front seat. If you look under the front seat to the passenger seat, you'll see a clip/tab, one on each side, facing forward. Push each of these and the front of the passenger seat will lift up. Once you have the front of the passenger seat lifted up a couple of inches (to clear the clips/tabs), pull the passenger seat slightly forward and it will fully lift off the bike.

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Since it's a Limited, be careful of the heated seat wiring.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Raise the front seat. If you look under the front seat to the passenger seat, you'll see a clip/tab, one on each side, facing forward. Push each of these and the front of the passenger seat will lift up. Once you have the front of the passenger seat lifted up a couple of inches (to clear the clips/tabs), pull the passenger seat slightly forward and it will fully lift off the bike.

HAGO!
    Yep, once you get the hang of it, it comes out easy. Key is pushing in on those two tabs underneath as you lift up (kinda tight down there) to release the drivers seat.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Since it's a Limited, be careful of the heated seat wiring.
    Glad you mentioned that. Since I don't have built in butt warmers, that didn't even occur to me.

Spyder Garage

are the tabs under a small metal wire a little thicker that a wire hanger? are these tabs all the way to the left and right of the seat ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are small and kind of a shinny black, push a little hard on 1 at a time while lifting easy on that corner of the seat, then push in on second one with a little up pressure, after you get it done the first time it's not that bad.. Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Here is a pic of the 2 tabs. I do it by feel because you can't lift the front seat far enough up to see anything and it is a tight space for larger hands.

Seat heater wire is at the back of the seat.

IMG_20201217_0904518.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxummike View Post
    I purchased seat covers for my new bike.
    I am in the process of adding gel inserts into OEM 2020RT Limited seats that I bought off of another forum member.

When I removed the OEM seat cover I was surprised to find that the heater element is firmly attached (sewn and glued?) to the underside of the seat cover. This is great for me because I want the heater on top of the gel pad but it might pose an issue for you with your new seat covers if you wish to retain the factory heater element.

IMG_20201215_1535097.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxummike View Post
    are the tabs under a small metal wire a little thicker that a wire hanger? are these tabs all the way to the left and right of the seat ?
    You might be looking at the lock for the drivers' backrest if you have that. That looks like a wire thicker than a coat hanger. The tabs are both outboard of that and slightly recessed. Use a flashlight and you'll see them. Once you know what/where they are, you'll be able to release them without looking.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red