Threaded View

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2008 GS Thinking of purchase

Back in 2007/08 when Spyderlovers was brand new, I ordered an SM-5. Got number 200 off the line and drove it for 2 years. Got out of the spyder scene and messed with two wheels for a few years. Now, being over 10 years older and possibly a bit wiser, we are thinking of purchasing another. Attached is a pic of one near us here in SC.

Here is the words from the ad:

2008 Can-Am GS Spyder
    "Very nice Spyder with just 10K miles on it, 998cc water cooled V-twin engine, 5 speed plus reverse, upgrades include 6 spoke custom wheels, black side panels, performance exhaust by Hindle, backrest, handlebar risers!"

NADA says an average of around $6000. It is at a consignment shop which is a good established business near me. I looked at various Spyders in Cycletrader and CL by dealers, and their prices are around the same as this one: $7495. It has 10,854 miles. I guess my biggest question is (assuming it is in great running condition) What would YOU offer?

Any feedback/comments are welcome. Thank Y'all! And it's great to see Spyderlovers is still doing well after 13 years!

Brad in North Myrtle Beach,SC
    Attached Images Attached Images