Spyder Garage

Default 2020 F3-T Foot Peg Position

What is the recommended placement for the foot peg/brake pedal? The vehicle came with the U-Fit in position 'three' (which is the middle position I think). I have a 34" inseam.
    Always thought I liked the foot boards best when riding 2 wheels until Goldwing F6-B. Liked the pegs better than boards for comfort and handling (with highway pegs for stretching). Plan on keeping the pegs on F3-T but wondering about maybe experiences with a farther forward position??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can adjust them yourself to see which position feels best. The only thing you'll need to purchase once you've found your optimal position is a new brake linkage. You can buy them directly from BuRP or if you prefer a slightly lower brake pedal position, you can purchase from Lamonster. Two bolts on the bottom of the bracket and you can remove the assembly and position it anywhere from position 1 (which I doubt you'll like w/a 34" inseam) to position 5 (which is probably what you want as it's the most stretched out position).

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

......as Monk says above, Seagraves........plus, start with your left one first as you only have two bolts to contend with, and you may not have to remove them completely, just enough to allow the nipple on the bracket to clear the #3 hole, and you can slide them to the other positions.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

https://ourdiyblogs.wordpress.com/20...rake-linkages/

That is a best instruction set I have seen on moving the pegs.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Just installed Lamonster's brake linkage (position 2) - cuz I'm a tad vertically challenged. I'm not handy by any means - and it took me about 5 min. While Lamonster's linkage costs about double that of BRP's (still a steal at $64.95) - its construction far surpasses its OEM counterpart AND it "lowers your brake pedal 1 1/2" from the stock potion, so that you can pivot your foot to the pedal without lifting your foot." Much more natural!!

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...rod-lamonster/

Spyder Garage

My inseam is about 33'. Mine came in position 3 as well. I moved mine to position 5, and it is very comfortable. I'd be way too cramped in position 3, even though I could ride with it there, and did for about a week. I after about 6 months, I bought Ultimate floorboards, and they are fantastic. Easier getting on and off the bike, and the ability to move foot position on longer rides is so welcome. To me, they also help plant my feet in tight turns, as well. Regardless, I would certainly recommend moving your pegs to position 5, considering your height.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black