Spyder Garage

Default Video: Rally ride on Vancouver Island forest service roads.

A short video of my Rally ride on Vancouver Island forest service roads on a sunny November day!
    2013 ST LTD; 2019 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

WOW! As if the road to Tofino wasn't hairy enough! Great video of a beautiful island. I can never get enough of it, but I'll stick to the paved roads. I know; no guts, no glory.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    WOW! As if the road to Tofino wasn't hairy enough! Great video of a beautiful island. I can never get enough of it, but I'll stick to the paved roads. I know; no guts, no glory.
    I haven't yet been as far as Tofino on the bike. Did go to Port Alberni a few times this summer. That is a nice drive on the bike, some good twisties, and I always love going through Cathedral Forest and seeing the big old growth trees. Pretty amazing just how big those monsters can get! Wish there were more!

Spyder Garage

looks realy great - we have the same roads here in the Alps from Austria - I use longer shocks on the front (400mm instead of 360mm) so my 900 is liftet to 6 inch over the floor (unloaded) that helps a lot !!
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Crap, as if my bucket list of rides was not already long, adding another!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lebon View Post
    I haven't yet been as far as Tofino on the bike. Did go to Port Alberni a few times this summer.
    The last time I rode past Port Alberni to Tofino, the road was pretty rough. After seeing your video, it will be a walk in the park for you.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much for sharing this great video with us. I love good scenery, and you sure have found a nice chunk of it. The drone footage was icing on the cake.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing your video! What a truely spectacular place!

Spyder Garage

Wow.........that was wicked and beautiful scenery up there! Thanks for the enjoyable ride, appreciate it and look forward to more.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some of them pot holes remind me of the Illinois roads.

But that did look like fun to get out there and do that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Some of them pot holes remind me of the Illinois roads.

But that did look like fun to get out there and do that.
    I know what you mean. I get out of Boone County, Illinois before I start enjoying the ride. Luckily Boone is fairly small. Same thing goes while I'm on my bicycle.

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing.
    Certainly highlights the challenge to missing pot holes and such with a triple track, as compared to a M/C on a single track.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    Certainly highlights the challenge to missing pot holes and such with a triple track, as compared to a M/C on a single track.
    Totally, I am a bit envious of my friend with his two-wheeler being able to dodge the holes much easier! But hey, the Rally allows me to get out there and do it, so for that I am more than grateful!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lebon View Post
    Totally, I am a bit envious of my friend with his two-wheeler being able to dodge the holes much easier! But hey, the Rally allows me to get out there and do it, so for that I am more than grateful!
    Yeah, but you should also consider that all the shock loads & bumps from those he actually DOES hit get transferred thru just 2 contact patches that in TOTAL are only about HALF the size of any ONE of your THREE contact patches!! Besides, you've almost certainly got 'bigger tires' than he does too, meaning there's somewhat more volume of 'shock absorbing' air inside them; so I'm pretty sure that I know which vehicle & rider will actually be scoring LESS of a pounding from the rough road surface - and it ain't the two wheeler!

Great Vid regardless tho! Got any more??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-16-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Great Vid regardless tho! Got any more??
    I have a few on my youtube channel, but do plan to come out with more as time allows. One of the great things about living on the West (some folk call the Wet) Coast, the riding season is long. The snow is definitely creeping down the mountains lately, but in the low lands we can go all winter without a great deal of snow. It all depends on the year, some years not much, and others there can be snow on the ground for several weeks to a month or so. Typically however in the low laying areas we are snow-less. Since I have been working from home since the pandemic, I have not had to insure my car, and have just relied on the Ryker. I can pick the time I go out on the bike, and it won't be on a rainy wet one! The Ryker insurance is due next week though, so I will have to decide to park it or just go for it and put a full year on it and keep on riding. I am leaning toward the latter.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-16-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

I call this place the Pacific Northwet. When outsiders ask me when is the rainy season, I tell them From January 1 to December 31. But they still move here. The rain is a good tradeoff for the great riding here. Within a 100 mile radius, I can ride to the ocean, valleys, mountains, high desert, canyons, volcanoes, and along big rivers such as the Columbia. And I can get there without riding on a freeway, nice curvy roads.