Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster or Can Am Spyder Accessories PEGS?

good morning...i need to purchase a replacement set of highway brackets and pegs. I have two choices . The first choice is the Lamonster RT, NBV Highway Brackets - Pegs with ips large grippers. the brackets look real heavy but to me it looks like the peg would move very easy with little foot pressure. The second choice is the floating peg set up from can am spyder accessories. They look so flimsy and light duty. They also look like the floating peg sits closer to the floor boards...I am not sure which way to go here. i am 5'-9" tall. I do get leg cramps when riding so i need to stretch out and rest my legs...Any ownership advise on these pegs would be very helpful. thank you..

matt
    bunnell

2018 rt spyder

Spyder Garage

lamonster all the way. that can am stuff is cheap junk

Spyder Garage

Call Lamonster Garage and ask about your perception of peg movement. You know, caveat emptor.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by volksbugusa View Post
    good morning...i need to purchase a replacement set of highway brackets and pegs. I have two choices . The first choice is the Lamonster RT, NBV Highway Brackets - Pegs with ips large grippers. the brackets look real heavy but to me it looks like the peg would move very easy with little foot pressure. The second choice is the floating peg set up from can am spyder accessories. They look so flimsy and light duty. They also look like the floating peg sits closer to the floor boards...I am not sure which way to go here. i am 5'-9" tall. I do get leg cramps when riding so i need to stretch out and rest my legs...Any ownership advise on these pegs would be very helpful. thank you..

matt
    bunnell

2018 rt spyder
    I had Pierres (Can Am Spyder Accessories) Floating Floorboards on my '18. Loved 'em. Nothing wrong with them.

Nothing wrong with Lamonsters products. I do business with him on a regular basis.

If it were me, I'd call both Lamonster Garage and Pierre (you'll have trouble reaching either of them but keep trying) and discuss their offerings. Both are good places to buy with good products.

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    lamonster all the way. that can am stuff is cheap junk
    If you're referring to Pierres products, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Spyder Garage

JayBros...I really don't want to bother Jacob...I really want to hear from folks that have installed either set up and hear what they have to say...Buyer beware yes... I love reading owners opinions...

Spyder Garage

Monk..i have purchased from both Jacob and Pierre on several occasions. Both are awesome to deal with.

Spyder Garage

We purchased Lamonts NBV brackets for our 11 RT, and when I traded for the 15 base RT, I moved them and have been happy with the foot placement - I am 5- 9 and have done many 300 mile days. Standard seat, and now a Corbin seat with Kuryakn bag on the passenger seat as a backrest on longer trips.

The pegs give a nice cruising position for me, and while I don't brace hard on them, I can move my feet from NBV to the aftermarket Spyder Accessories boards to back tucked against the rear passenger boards on occasion. Most of the time I cruise on open highways with feet up on the NPVs - smiling and miling!
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Question DIY hwy footpegs.

At the prices for these foot pegs---------- I'm soooo glad I could make my own. Plenty strong with grade 5 hardware. Set low and my heels are on the factory ( RTS ) floorboards. Just the way I like it.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have the Floating Boards on my wife's 17 RT-S. Since this is HER bike, she is the one that rides it the most. She is on the shorter side (5' 4") and appreciates that the boards are close to the stock floorboards. In fact, they are close enough that they can almost be cosidered as extensions. Move your feet forwad a bit on the stock boards, you can put your toes on the floating boards. Move forward a bit more, you can place your whole foot on them. VERY accomodating for different foot positions. I have not ridden her bike much since we had them installed in October, but I find them comfortable, too, at my 'taller than average' 6' 5".

I'm not sure where 'nslowmotion' gets the idea that "that can am stuff is cheap junk". Yeah, some of the stuff from CanAm (BRP) might be "cheap junk", but the stuff from CanAm Spyder Accessories is not. It is true that when mounted, they do move around a bit, but that is because they are mounted to some reinforced plastic on the Spyder. In use, that is not a problem. They should not be used to support your full weight, they are just to support your feet and lower legs.

I have not experienced any of Lamonster's products, but I have never heard any negative comments about them.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

JayBros...I really don't want to bother Jacob...I really want to hear from folks that have installed either set up and hear what they have to say...Buyer beware yes... I love reading owners opinions...
    I installed Lamonster's NBV brackets and pegs on my 2015 RTS and can confirm they're a quality product. They're substantial and do not flex even when I press hard to "stretch" while riding.
    And although I have no experience with Pierre's floating bracket and plate combination I can state with confidence that I've never been disappointed with any of his products I've bought. In fact his (Can Am Spyder Accessories) products are often more substantial than necessary to perform well in normal use.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Arion...thank you..i am going with Lamonster ..This is my second purchase on Jacobs bracket and pegs. The last set i had did not work out for me because of my short legs.That was the fbb set up that was attached to the floor boards....i really did not want to sell them. You need long legs...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i am 5'-9" tall. I do get leg cramps when riding so i need to stretch out and rest my legs...Any ownership advise on these pegs would be very helpful. thank you..
    I've used the NBV pegs for 6 years now. I'm about same height as you with 29" inseam. The stock NBV pegs didn't fit my legs very well so I made a new extension bar. Worked good ever since. To see how I changed them go here: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-My-mod-for-it. I removed the inner side of the water deflectors to have more room for the bolts.

They're pretty stout, but I suggest you don't stand on them! The Spyder in the post is the 2013 RT I had back then. I moved the pegs to the 2014 RTS when I got it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The Lamonster branded items are of good quality, function, and build. The items that we have purchased from him have been more than satisfactory.

NOTE: THIS IS AN UNSOLICITED ENDORSEMENT, AND IS BASED ON PERSONAL USE AND EXPERIENCE.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red