Spyder Garage

Default comfort seat v new solo comfort seat

Greetings. Seriously considering a Ryker right now. I'm not a small guy, so the stock seat really doesn't work well for me.

I know Can Am offers what they call a Driver Comfort Seat and it looks a bit better size-wise. It is compatible with the Rally and with the Max Mount.

There is also a new seat, called the Solo Driver Comfort Seat. It's about 2" longer and wider than the stock seat and sits the driver about an inch higher. The problem is that it is not compatible with the Max Mount. It can be directly fitted onto the standard ACE, but you then cannot fit a rear rack on the machine. You can also put it on the Rally, but the seat covers the Max Mount, so once again, you have no usable rear rack.

I've reviewed the installation instructions. The installation on the standard ACE is pretty straightforward, but is quite a bit more complicated on the Rally.

At this point, although I'd prefer to get a Rally, it would probably make more sense to get an ACE to get the Solo Driver Custom Seat with minimal hassle. Storage will be compromised, regardless. The alternative is to get a Rally with the standard Driver Comfort Seat.

Sorry for the longwinded explanation.

So the question is this: I'd like to know if anyone has installed the Solo Driver Comfort Seat and how it compares to the Driver Comfort Seat or the stock seat. Any information is appreciated, as I'm looking to buy within the next few months. Thanks in advance for your input!

Driver Comfort Seat: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...fort-seat.html

Solo Driver Comfort Seat: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...fort-seat.html

Spyder Garage

I’m a pretty big guy too and I have the comfort seat on my Rally plus an Airhawk.

Spyder Garage

As we all know, everyones butt is different. I have the comfort seat on my Ryker Rally with the Max mount and it was a nice improvement over the stock seat. The problem with the stock seat is that its foam density is too soft and therefore doesnt offer enough support, especially on longer rides. It was fine for me on normal shorter rides. The Comfort seat uses a more denser (firmer foam) and offers more support. I can tell the difference on longer rides where I spend 3 or more hours in the saddle. I also have an Airhawk that I used for longer rides on the stock seat, I haven't needed it on the Comfort seat.

Installation is an easy 2 or 3 minutes. Just lift the side of the stock seat up a little and see where the tabs are underneath, then slide your fingers under there and push up at the tabs, they pop right out. Then the comfort seat goes back in place in the same tab holes, that's it. Here's a couple of pics, one a side by side comparison of the comfort seat and the stock Rally seat. They look similar in size, but if you look at where the stitching is on the comfort seat, compared to where the stock seat tapers downward, you'll see that the comfort seat is a little larger.

2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Rick, thank you for information-very helpful. Do you find the Driver Comfort Seat to be more roomy than the stock seat? The main reason I'm looking at the Solo Driver Comfort Seat is because it is 2" wider and longer than the stock seat. Your comparison photo above suggests that the Driver Comfort Seat and the stock seat are about the same size dimensionally.

Spyder Garage

first I would turn the handlebars 180° up .. I use a handcrafted seat without the "lip" on the back so I have more space .. (I`m not a big guy)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rocinante54 View Post
    Rick, thank you for information-very helpful. Do you find the Driver Comfort Seat to be more roomy than the stock seat? Your comparison photo above suggests that the Driver Comfort Seat and the stock seat are about the same size dimensionally.
    No, I dont really find it much roomier than the stock seat other than I may have a 1/2 more space in the rear due to the lack of that larger rear lip thats on the stock seat. I havent measured the seats, but they are about the same dimensions. If you look at the picture of the Comfort seat on the bike, you'll see the lip on the comfort seat is considerably less than the stock seat. I know I'm sitting a little further back now than before because my back rest against the LinQ Base plate and the top case more now than it did with the stock seat.

One of the reasons I went with the comfort seat was that I wasnt willing to give up the Max mount for the Solo seat. I dont ever plan on carrying a passenger, but I do like the ability to attach luggage for those once or twice a year trips to the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina & Tennessee, or one to two day overnight trips that I like to do in state. The luggage also comes in handy for local fishing excursions and it allows me to carry all my gear. I also have two different sized Linq Top cases that I can use with it. I recently purchased some hardside cases to replace the soft side cases that I'm using now. I'm in the process of making up some mounting brackets for them and I need the Max mount to mount them. So now I have a lot invested in that Max Mount
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Yep, makes perfect sense. That's how I feel about the Max Mount also. It's why I'd prefer the Rally, but as I mentioned, the Solo Driver Comfort Seat is not compatible with the Max Mount, so I'd have to give it up if I went with that seat.

Maybe one of the local dealers will have a Ryker with the Driver Comfort Seat installed so I can check it for myself.

Thanks, Rick and others! Appreciate the assistance! Gonna be a Ryker guy pretty soon. Planning on taking the Can Am trike driver course in the near future to prep for it...longtime motorcycle rider, but riding a trike is different and I'll have learn new paradigms!

Spyder Garage

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ic-Solo-Saddle

Take a look at above thread on Corbin seat vs canam seats. It's a personal choice which saddle you get but I love my Corbin, gives me way more comfortable ride.

Spyder Garage

Check out the Ultimate seat $475 Plus shipping without backrests. If you subtract the $300 you were going to pay for the Comfort seat its only about $200 Extra ? Anyone want to drive to CT I have my barely used comfort seat for $150 FIRM in perfect condition.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    One of the reasons I went with the comfort seat was that I wasnt willing to give up the Max mount for the Solo seat.
    I'm solo and no long trips requiring luggage, and I really like the looks of the solo comfort seat. Wondering if the pan's strong enough to attach a universal type backrest - or dare I say it, a DIY rack to hang a stash bag or floppy saddlebags? I'm assUming it's plenty strong considering it's just hanging out there with us jumbo riders beating the heck out of em - can't imagine what the cantilever forces involved are hitting a pothole or two.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190