Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Mirror Lock fix for ST Mirrors

The mirror locks that Lamonster sells for the F3 will also fix the mirror vibration problem on the ST.
    A $20 fix. I'm in the process of installing a set of locks right now. The only issue is on the ST you have to take
    the turn signal light out of the mirror housing to get to get space to remove the top "Key hole Pin".
    Not a big issue in my opinion compared to the frustration of the ongoing mirror vibration.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...-mirror-locks/
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    The mirror locks that Lamonster sells for the F3 will also fix the mirror vibration problem on the ST.
    A $20 fix. I'm in the process of installing a set of locks right now. The only issue is on the ST you have to take
    the turn signal light out of the mirror housing to get to get space to remove the top "Key hole Pin".
    Not a big issue in my opinion compared to the frustration of the ongoing mirror vibration.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...-mirror-locks/
    Thanks for this info. My mirrors were driving me a bit insane this past summer!
    2013 ST LTD; 2019 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I received a text asking if the turn signal light has to be taken out permanently.
    My answer: No, the lights are only temporarily removed to get access to the top keyhole push pin during reassembly.
    The light then bolts back in very easily.

Issue found on reassembly: On my bike there are clear air deflectors that mounts under the mirror housing.
    They are held in place by two bolts. One vertical and one horizontal. The vertical bolts on both mirrors were binding upon reassembly. (too long)
    My fix was to replace the vertical bolts with shorter bolts. I used M5-0.8 x 12mm cap screws. Works great.
    On my next service event I may replace the new cap screws with M5 x 12 mm pan head screws for appearance purposes
    The mirrors are now rock solid.
    Cheers, David C.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack