Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect can't really work as we thought

I don't use Genius Maps because its difficult to see. I found Sygic to be much better especially the new Sygic GPS app.

HOWEVER

I hate it when this happens - Just found out that Sygic has changed things again. They went from Sygic Car Nav to Sygic GPS Nav. They originally had a list of items you could buy, like I bought Lifetime World Maps, Lifetime Traffic, the Lesser Vehicle connectivity, HUD, plus a few others. I don't have a subscription.

NOW, however, All they have is a choice of a 3 month or a yearly subscription. It seems to have all you need but will be required to renew every time. As I write this I can't tell you if the subscription will work in BRP C but hopefully others will find out and I hope it does. UPDATE - I have read a few posts and it doesn't work in BRP Connect right now.

I'm thinking, why do I I keep trying???? I hate giving up on what the bike came with but it seems to be the way to go. Dammit!!!

Put the phone on the dash or bar and don't use it in the dash.

Sygic GPS works in my dash along with Dash Radio which is fantastic as I can plug the phone in, put my gear on and get going and start music while moving as well as get the GPS app running. Wish they'd stick to what they came out with and didn't change things.

UPDATE

Sygic does work. You have to go to the settings and then Bosch MySpin and enable it. Then it will work fine. I tried it with an iPhone 5s with the free Sygic. SO either the 3 month subscription to full year will work. (Maps and Music also works with the 5s, nothing else)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All of that is one of the reasons I quit trying when I had my '18 RT and why I never bothered to try on my '21 RT. Too much fuss and frustration and potential loss of money when I pay for something I can't use (which I did). I ended up buying a zumo XT from Lamont. Still trying to figure out how to use it but it should outlast my bike and I know there won't be any connectivity issues. Buy once, cry once.

Spyder Garage

I gave up on the BRP Connect on screen stuff a while ago. I have the phone mounted on the handlebars and have it BT paired to the dash. That works great. The audio works well. The telephony functions all work well. I can use any app I want. Not just ones compatible with BRP. Use the phone screen for gps. I would never go back to a standalone gps again.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I gave up on the BRP Connect on screen stuff a while ago. I have the phone mounted on the handlebars and have it BT paired to the dash. That works great. The audio works well. The telephony functions all work well. I can use any app I want. Not just ones compatible with BRP. Use the phone screen for gps. I would never go back to a standalone gps again.
    I also gave up on BRP Connect and just bluetooth to the dash. As Billy said, works great !!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

..... The New style instrument panel is the reason why my 2014 RT is likely to be my Last Spyder .... I might consider up-grading to a 2017 RT or F-3.... But in 2018 they AGAIN screwed up ( ie. DESS module ) with something that wasn't BROKE ..... where BRP finds it's engineers is a mystery to me ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..... The New style instrument panel is the reason why my 2014 RT is likely to be my Last Spyder .... I might consider up-grading to a 2017 RT or F-3.... But in 2018 they AGAIN screwed up ( ie. DESS module ) with something that wasn't BROKE ..... where BRP finds it's engineers is a mystery to me ..... good luck .... Mike
    I have to disagree Mike. The new instrument panel is far better then the old one. Just the display function does not work. I would not want to back to the old system.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As Mr. Bovine said, the dash is great. It's the BuRP Connect that sux fat donkey balls. It's not even a bad concept. It just doesn't work. Not sure if the contracts between BuRP and REVER, Sygic, FOBO, Accuweather, DASH radio, etc weren't specific enough (i.e. all updates must continue to work w/Connect) or if the money was just too good to pass up and the BuRP bean counters didn't care if it actually worked. I think someone just got greedy. I d/l'ed DASH radio and have the FOBO 2 TPMS (not because of BuRP Connect). I haven't tried them yet via Connect but I will one of these days. Maybe they'll work. If so, great. The DASH radio app is free so if it doesn't work, I don't care. I bought the FOBO 2 for the TPMS, not to get it to work on the dash. I purchased REVER and Sygic pro and lost money. Lesson learned. I won't do it again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually I found out it does work. In the settings of Sygic you’ll find Bosch MySpin and it shows disabled. Choose it and Enable it. Sygic will then work in the dash.

3910C5A9-7108-4AEE-951F-1143D6BEDD47.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Actually I found out it does work. In the settings of Sygic you’ll find Bosch MySpin and it shows disabled. Choose it and Enable it. Sygic will then work in the dash.

you had to (FIND) it. Not something published by BRP or Sygic Too many app & functions trying to be Proprietary , not a functional system. Now if could have a display that merely displays whatever devices are sharing

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    you had to (FIND) it. Not something published by BRP or Sygic Too many app & functions trying to be Proprietary , not a functional system. Now if could have a display that merely displays whatever devices are sharing
    Sounds like you need someone else to set it up for you. Maybe they should ride the bike for you as well?

I guess I'll keep my solutions to myself. I'll enjoy it and you can go on complaining.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Plus one using bluetooth to connect to audio system and helmet. Play Siruisxm, my own music, GPS maps, receive and make phone calls through my helmet. All runs smoothly and seamlessly once you pair all three. All on my RTL.
    Gave up on BRP Connect long ago.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting this information. Any clue to make this system work is appreciated. Glad you were able to figure it out and pass the information along.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Even though I don't use ANY of those systems or devices, I'm still curious.

Is Sygic a Bosch product? As an outsider, I don't see why activating Sygic involves Bosch MySpin.

And every time I see a post like this, I am even more thankful that I don't have BRP (doesn't) Connect.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Is Sygic a Bosch product? As an outsider, I don't see why activating Sygic involves Bosch MySpin.
    I don't think there is any connection between Sygic and Bosch other than Sygic works with the mySpin car connectivity program. BRP Connect is a variation of Bosch's mySpin connectivity program that has been modified to be suitable for two wheelers. BMW uses it, among others.

More here: https://www.bosch-mobility-solutions...cycles/myspin/. Somewhere on the mySpin site is a list of m/c brands that use mySpin but I don't find right off hand.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its why I dont like inbuilt Nav systems. I am an I.T. contractor and tech moves on whether you like it or not, and I would hate to spend big bucks on say a car or bike to have features revoked 12 months down the track that I happen to like. For me in Australia with the price of a 2020 RTL hitting $45k, I'd have to swallow my pride where as with a bar mount GPS, i can make it a hand-me-down to the wife/daughter/neighbor and get a new unit for $500. Add to the equation that auto manufacturers aren't great at tech design historically (yes there are some exceptions)

The best I have seen is one that integrates Google Maps into the satnav, that way if the satnav cant find it it goers to GM's, gets the location and takes you there.

I'd rather BRP make better shocks, better tyres, improve access to maintenance locations, fix some of the ongoing issues we see thru the models, provide better after sales service (make that provide after sales service - they have to start doing it first to improve on it.)
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Hi. Thanks for share that info but either I don't have the MySpin option in Android's Sygic version or I can't find it.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Its why I dont like inbuilt Nav systems. I am an I.T. contractor and tech moves on whether you like it or not, and I would hate to spend big bucks on say a car or bike to have features revoked 12 months down the track that I happen to like. For me in Australia with the price of a 2020 RTL hitting $45k, I'd have to swallow my pride where as with a bar mount GPS, i can make it a hand-me-down to the wife/daughter/neighbor and get a new unit for $500. Add to the equation that auto manufacturers aren't great at tech design historically (yes there are some exceptions)

The best I have seen is one that integrates Google Maps into the satnav, that way if the satnav cant find it it goers to GM's, gets the location and takes you there.

I'd rather BRP make better shocks, better tyres, improve access to maintenance locations, fix some of the ongoing issues we see thru the models, provide better after sales service (make that provide after sales service - they have to start doing it first to improve on it.)
    At the end of february we bougth a new little car by just 1.000 euros more than the half of my F3 Ltd and have its nav system, radio, telephon connction, etc, apart the connection with Android Car going perfect. I remember that one of the seller arguments was "the BRP Connect". Then I can't explain myself why BRP is selling this with these problems and offers external navigation software that doesn't go.
    If you buy a car with system nav. incorporated you know that is going to work, maybe with old maps or old functions but normally is going to work till you decide change it. In the BRP case, the problem is It doesn't go fine, and still worse, they offer no solution.
    I absolutelly agree with provide better after sales service , better shocks, etc. but if they sell "X", "X" should go.
    Obviously your solution is very valid, but those of us who chose the BRP route feel a bit cheated.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

I recently purchased a Spyder RT limited which I love already , what I don’t love already is BRP CONNECT ��! I’m able to Bluetooth my FM stations and Pandora radio with no problems and am quite pleased with the sound from the Spyder speakers . The problem is that cannot get BRP connect to work for GPS and I’m thinking it’s the Spyder cable in the glove box and not me. When I go to the prompts after connecting the OEM USB cable it stays on for awhile and the the dash says “connect the USB cable “ and I’m like it is connected on my end but the picture on my iPhone goes out and the BRP connect goes out and I cannot get back to launch BRP CONNECT . I have both Rever and sygic set up so I can compare the two but unfortunately can’t get the bike system to do it’s part . I really want this to work vs a stand alone Garmin . I’ve tried three different cables to no avail. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riverson View Post
    The problem is that cannot get BRP connect to work for GPS and I’m thinking it’s the Spyder cable in the glove box and not me.
    i did have a similar problem. i posted it here:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ect-and-charge

post #8 is the resolution.

ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting the link to your very similar situation. I, like you, tried several USB CORDS both OEM and others that work on my iPad and iPhone just fine . I even went to target and purchased an additional OEM cable to leave on the bike . Interesting enough the one that worked sporadically was the non OEM ��! It just wouldn’t stay connected long enough for me to check out either Rever or sygic gps app. My thoughts at this point is, as yours was, a faulty BRP USB connector cable . I texted my dealer today and hope to hear back next week . BTW, are you using one of the three gps apps that BRP Connect supports ? If so which one and does it serve your needs vs a stand alone gps ? Thanks again for your help on this .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since I'm returning my new zumo XT, I thought I'd try Sygic again, just to see if I could make it work. I don't have Bosch MySpin on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android). Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

I’m trying to make it work also but unfortunately my usb in the glove box is very unstable and I guess I will be taking back to dealer . I had the free trial with both Sygic and Rever, but at this point I have no opinion because I can’t get into it . On paper the GPS via phone app should work and I hope it does . Keep us posted as you move forward

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm using Sygic with iOS system. It has the Bosch MySpin setting on so it works in the dash. Not sure about Android systems.

Rever opens on the phone but the BRP Connect app doesn't come back so it fails. It seems to work with Androds. Rever is a GPS that requires cell service for map data. It also tracks your ride. The premium allows you to use a laptop to make routes to use and share with friends.

Maybe the cable plug outlet in the phone is dirty and causes a bad connection.

Dash Radio works but only with cell service. You can get music going while moving compared to the Apple Music which won't let you do anything unless stopped.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info Flamewinger and I’ll try cleaning the usb cord and see if that works . I love Bluetoothing my pandora radio through the Spyder speakers and it works just fine .

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I see in the Google Play app store that Bosch mySpin for Two-Wheelers is it's own app. Does it need to be installed in addition to the BRP C app, or is it part of BRP Connect?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)