Spyder Garage

Default Tool kit and manual

I bought a 2013 RTL in June but discovered the tool kit, manual, and GPS were gone. I am fine without the GPS but wondering where to find the tool kit and manual. I’m guessing the tool kit was the same for multiple years and the manual might be as well. I can make my own tool kit if I knew what sizes of wrenches or drivers needed to help if stuck on the road. I really don’t want to download and print an oversized manual if I don’t have to. Lastly, does anyone really use the tools or do you just use your own tools?

Spyder Garage

The tools are not too bad,I used them for an oil change just to see if I could. I needed the wrenches for the drain bolts but otherwise I was good. You will need a 5mm Allen,a 6 mm Allen, a #27Torx a JASO #2 Phillips, a flat blade. I would get a long T handle(12") 5mm so you can reach the screws on the filter. I would get the 6 mm and the T27 in a 3/8 drive socket. I would also add a small electric screwdriver for all the bodywork fasteners,a pair of pliers and wire cutters. A 10 mm and a 12 mm end wrench are handy. If you want to remove your rear wheel on the road you will need a 36mm socket 1/2 drive ratchet and 36mm wrench. A 13/16 plug wrench will also remove the front wheels (I think,going by memory).For $20 you can buy a digital shop manual that also includes the owners. Good luck and enjoy your Spyder.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

First, look under your seat. That's where they're stored. It's been a few years since I've had a '13 RTL and if I remember right, they're attached to the underside of the seat. As far as your Owners Manual, it's stored in your frunk. Unzip the liner on the back wall and pull forward. If you have one, it should be there. Lastly, I've been on a Spyder for almost eight years and have done quite a bit of my own maintenance and have never used a single tool from the tool kit. But, that's me.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

If you need an operator's guide go to this link, http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...adster&type=og, drill down to the 2013 RT manual and download it to your computer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know about the 2013 RT but the 2014-2019 required a T30 to remove pretty much ANY of the tupperware. I'd also invest in a set of Lamonsters Magic Mirrors.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the input!

Spyder Garage

Love those Magic Mirrors
    2014 , yes Pearl White