Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Need 2020+ RT frunk liner part number

I'm looking for the part number (so I can look up the installation instructions) for the 2020+ RT frunk liner. This is the carpeted part that goes inside the plastic tub NOT the tub itself.

Thanks.

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Page 50 of this link, https://console.virtualpaper.com/202..._hr/#1/http://.
    PN for MY 20 and up is 219401047.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you, sir. Unfortunately, instructions.brp doesn't show any installation instructions for that.

Does anyone know how to install this?

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Maybe not same on 2020 but liner on 13 sits in tub position zippers to access battery & tool roll then weather strip gasket V part holds top in place along top of tub

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Maybe not same on 2020 but liner on 13 sits in tub position zippers to access battery & tool roll then weather strip gasket V part holds top in place along top of tub
    That's how it attached on my '18 but I looked in a 2021 Limited and it looked like it somehow fit UNDER the top plastic piece instead of under the weatherstripping. I dunno.

Spyder Garage

Call BRP at 888-272-9222, give them the PN and ask for the instructions. If they give you any crap tell them they sell the part in their latest catalog and to get off their backside(s) and come up with the instructions. It can't be that difficult for them to do it.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Call BRP at 888-272-9222, give them the PN and ask for the instructions. If they give you any crap tell them they sell the part in their latest catalog and to get off their backside(s) and come up with the instructions. It can't be that difficult for them to do it.
    Apparently, it IS too difficult for them. They directed me to the link to the part numbers and then to installation.brp. That was it. The part number doesn't come up with any installation instructions. Totally worthless. With that kind of service, I almost wish I'd bought something else.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I ran the part number through the instructions web page and came up with zilch.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Hey Bud,
    Just checked out my 21 RTL, which comes with the liner installed, to see if I could help you out. Doesn't look too bad, if you have patience and take your time. You have to raise the seat, remove the service panel on top, both front side panels(on either side of the frunk, the lid & hinge of the frunk, then the piece holding the hinge. It looks like all push pins. The gasket on top of the frunk is attached to a top plastic ring piece that needs to be removed (again push pins) Now you're down to the bucket itself. The liner folds over the top of the bucket and there appears to be one snap at the back of the bucket to hold it in place while you replace the plastic ring. reverse the order of removal and you should be good to go. Page 622- 624 of the service manual has some diagrams and instructions for frunk removal. Wish you lived a little closer so I could lend you a helping hand.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Hey Bud,
    Just checked out my 21 RTL, which comes with the liner installed, to see if I could help you out. Doesn't look too bad, if you have patience and take your time. You have to raise the seat, remove the service panel on top, both front side panels(on either side of the frunk, the lid & hinge of the frunk, then the piece holding the hinge. It looks like all push pins. The gasket on top of the frunk is attached to a top plastic ring piece that needs to be removed (again push pins) Now you're down to the bucket itself. The liner folds over the top of the bucket and there appears to be one snap at the back of the bucket to hold it in place while you replace the plastic ring. reverse the order of removal and you should be good to go. Page 622- 624 of the service manual has some diagrams and instructions for frunk removal. Wish you lived a little closer so I could lend you a helping hand.
    Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find an online copy of the service manual then see if I really want to take on this job. Removing the tupperware is easy. I've removed the right side a few times while wiring up my GPS. My concern (w/o seeing some pics of the process) is removing the frunk lid and related parts.

I agree, 5 hours is a bit much to run down there for assistance. Not that it wouldn't be a great ride in summer but I'd have to leave at Odark30 to get back the same day. Below freezing then which isn't the end of the world but still....

Thanks, again.

HAGO!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Bud,
    Just downloaded the service manual. If I'm reading this correctly (and I hope I'm NOT), I have to remove the entire front of the bike! Not sure I'm up for that. That's a lot of stuff to go wrong.

Thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    ..... Not sure I'm up for that. That's a lot of stuff to go wrong.

Thoughts?
    It might SOUND daunting, but seriously, there really isn't all that much that CAN go wrong - especially if you take your time & work in a measured, methodological manner & you carefully place everything that you remove somewhere safe & in an order that lets you see how it all goes back again! Take lotsa pics too; they can help a lot when you just can't remember how the whatsit came off the whozit & connected to that other thingammy-jigger!!

It's just like eating an elephant - it LOOKS massively difficult & quite daunting, but the reality is that ALL you hafta do is 'bite, chew, swallow, & repeat' - keep doing that until it's all done, and you'll be happy & ultimately successful! Probably a bit fatter'n when you started out too, but hey, there's always some downside - and since this isn't an elephant and you don't actually hafta eat your Spyder, just don't let that get in the way of trying and doing, or you'll never achieve anything!

Go Onnn!! DO IT!! You Know you want to!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Just downloaded the service manual. If I'm reading this correctly (and I hope I'm NOT), I have to remove the entire front of the bike! Not sure I'm up for that. That's a lot of stuff to go wrong.

Thoughts?
    I don't think you need to go that far in the frunk removal process. Once you remove that top collar around the bucket, you should be able to wrap the liner over the top of the bucket, snap it in place, replace the ring and it should be secured. Unless I'm missing something, you don't need to go under the Spyder to install the liner. "Slow and steady wins the race."
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It might SOUND daunting, but seriously, there really isn't all that much that CAN go wrong - especially if you take your time & work in a measured, methodological manner & you carefully place everything that you remove somewhere safe & in an order that lets you see how it all goes back again! Take lotsa pics too; they can help a lot when you just can't remember how the whatsit came off the whozit & connected to that other thingammy-jigger!!

It's just like eating an elephant - it LOOKS massively difficult & quite daunting, but the reality is that ALL you hafta do is 'bite, chew, swallow, & repeat' - keep doing that until it's all done, and you'll be happy & ultimately successful! Probably a bit fatter'n when you started out too, but hey, there's always some downside - and since this isn't an elephant and you don't actually hafta eat your Spyder, just don't let that get in the way of trying and doing, or you'll never achieve anything!

Go Onnn!! DO IT!! You Know you want to!
    I can see Monks apprehension about his upcoming project, just like I can see my own about "Eating a Freaking Elephant" LOL
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think you need to go that far in the frunk removal process. Once you remove that top collar around the bucket, you should be able to wrap the liner over the top of the bucket, snap it in place, replace the ring and it should be secured. Unless I'm missing something, you don't need to go under the Spyder to install the liner. "Slow and steady wins the race."
    Per the service manual, I don't see any way of removing that ring without also removing the nose tupperware.

Spyder Garage

AH----- but you don't have to beat the mirrors into submission.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    AH----- but you don't have to beat the mirrors into submission.
    VERY good point, sir!

Spyder Garage

Per the service manual, I don't see any way of removing that ring without also removing the nose tupperware.
    You got mail.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got the part number and description but STILL can't find the installation instructions. I've tried the BuRP Installation Instruction web page, I've called BuRP customer service (which isn't much for service), I've searched YouTube and Google. Nothin'. I've got a copy of the service manual but I would still like the official instructions before I start removing more than I need to.

Figured I'd give this thread another try in case someone new sees it and says, "oh, heck! I just installed one on my 2020/2021 last weekend!".

Spyder Garage

Got the part number and description but STILL can't find the installation instructions. I've tried the BuRP Installation Instruction web page, I've called BuRP customer service (which isn't much for service), I've searched YouTube and Google. Nothin'. I've got a copy of the service manual but I would still like the official instructions before I start removing more than I need to.

Figured I'd give this thread another try in case someone new sees it and says, "oh, heck! I just installed one on my 2020/2021 last weekend!".
    Monk I’m not going to be much help, other then I tried tonight on my 2020 RT and gave up. I decided I’m going to see if the dealer can install it when I take the Spyder for it’s first service.

What stoped me was the two bolts near the lock (which you should be able to remove to help remove the top of the frunk) just spun when trying to remove them. Looking at the service manual... those bolts have nuts (which you can’t get to unless you remove the whole frunk) and if I read the manual correctly (page 611 of the pdf) once you take the nuts off you have to replace them. The fact that I would have to remove the whole frunk and get replacement parts stoped me from even going forward.

For the time being I removed the two push pins on each side of the frunk bucket and used a thin plastic tool and shoved the liner and Velcro straps between the top of the frunk bucket and bottom then replaced the push pins. I was only able to get most of the sides of the liner under and snap the back of the liner to the single snap. Right now that works for me as I wanted the liner mostly to protect my helmet from scratches when I put it in the frunk.

Sorry I couldn’t be any help... just wanted to let you know you weren’t alone in your frustration.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck Monk, sounds like my frustration with a project on my 2020 RTL. It wasn't a Frunk liner so no need to explain my project.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sunnshine View Post
    Monk I’m not going to be much help, other then I tried tonight on my 2020 RT and gave up. I decided I’m going to see if the dealer can install it when I take the Spyder for it’s first service.

What stopped me was the two bolts near the lock (which you should be able to remove to help remove the top of the frunk) just spun when trying to remove them. Looking at the service manual... those bolts have nuts (which you can’t get to unless you remove the whole frunk) and if I read the manual correctly (page 611 of the pdf) once you take the nuts off you have to replace them. The fact that I would have to remove the whole frunk and get replacement parts stoped me from even going forward.

For the time being I removed the two push pins on each side of the frunk bucket and used a thin plastic tool and shoved the liner and Velcro straps between the top of the frunk bucket and bottom then replaced the push pins. I was only able to get most of the sides of the liner under and snap the back of the liner to the single snap. Right now that works for me as I wanted the liner mostly to protect my helmet from scratches when I put it in the frunk.

Sorry I couldn’t be any help... just wanted to let you know you weren’t alone in your frustration.
    I saw that, aswell. Even though those nuts say "NEW", I'm hoping they don't really need to be replaced. Even if they're plastic nuts, I'd think they could be reused. I'll have to put a wrench on those bolts this weekend to see if there's any way I can loosen them without them spinning.

That's a pretty good temporary solution. I'm just not prepared to remove the entire front of my bike and I'd rather not pay the shop a few hundred bucks to do this if I don't have to.

Since you've already dug into this, does it appear you "should" be able to only remove the (2) large side panels (tupperware) and those (2) spinning bolts in order to remove that top hoop to install the liner? Or did you find there were other bolts that would need to be removed?

I appreciate the help.

Spyder Garage

Since you've already dug into this, does it appear you "should" be able to only remove the (2) large side panels (tupperware) and those (2) spinning bolts in order to remove that top hoop to install the liner? Or did you find there were other bolts that would need to be removed?
    I appreciate the help.
    I was hasty in my response before. The two spinning bolts look like the only 2 bolts you need to remove to access the back part. But then there are still the sides and front you have to deal with. There are the 2 push pins for each side. Then there is the true hassle, the front where the lid connects. There are 4 push pins that are holding the top of bumper to the top of the frunk bucket. If you could remove the spinning bolts in back, the side push pins, and those front push pins you might be able to maneuver the top of the bucket off without removing the entire front, but I’m going to assume the front has more bolts or push I can’t see under the top of the bumper. I’ll see if I can post some pics

Thinking about it even if you could maneuver the top off, you would still need to get to the Velcro under the top of the bumper.

Spyder Garage

I’ve attached pics of the spinning bolts, side pin and front pins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sunnshine View Post
    I was hasty in my response before. The two spinning bolts look like the only 2 bolts you need to remove to access the back part. But then there are still the sides and front you have to deal with. There are the 2 push pins for each side. Then there is the true hassle, the front where the lid connects. There are 4 push pins that are holding the top of bumper to the top of the frunk bucket. If you could remove the spinning bolts in back, the side push pins, and those front push pins you might be able to maneuver the top of the bucket off without removing the entire front, but I’m going to assume the front has more bolts or push pins I can’t see under the top of the bumper. I’ll see if I can post some pics

Thinking about it even if you could maneuver the top off, you would still need to get to the Velcro under the top of the bumper.
    Thanks. Those are my (2) real concerns and why I'm thinking the entire front end needs to come off although you would think it would be easier to install what's really an insignificant part. In the previous generation, the installation/design definitely had its issues but you could install/remove the frunk liner in about 20 minutes. Of course, the way it was installed left it prone to possible leaks due to the liner being installed just under the weatherstrip.

If I can get those (2) spinning bolts to not spin, I might see if I can install 3/4 of it (all but the front) the right way then just tuck the front 1/4 under that hoop. It won't be perfect but it might work well. I'll see how much I want to endure sitting around in the "garage" (Shed In A Box) in 25* weather.