Spyder Garage

Default 2008 Can-Am Spyder Original Owner - 7,820 miles. Clean VIn - Manual

2008 Can-Am Spyder Premier Edition #633 (633rd Spyder built)

Got 2 kids and no time to ride.

The Spyder rides perfectly.

7,820 miles. Silver/Black.

Manual with reverse gear.

Very fast bike. I believe the articles says it goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.

Garage kept 90%. I will include the indoor and outdoor OEM cover.

Normal wear/tear. Hard to see anything unless you really look up close to nit pick.

I'm the original owner selling privately. Pre-ordered the Spyder in early 2007. Took delivery in the spring of 08'.
    Always got routine service done at a certified BRP dealer;
    Clean VIN
    Gentle Ridden
    Recently Serviced at Powersports of Greenville (SC)
    New Brakes
    New Battery
    New OEM Tires
    New OEM Optional 6 Spoke Wheels
    Everything performed and installed by Powersports of Greenville (in SC)

Aftermarket mods;
    22" Dark Gray Madstad adjustable windshield (I'm including the OEM ultrasport winshield as well)
    Highway pegs
    HID Fog Lights (deactivated the ballist)
    Iphone Splitter under the handles (to plug your iphone into). I'm not including the Ram phone holder as I use it for the stroller. I recommend you buy one as its really good.
    Battery tender cable under seat to charge the bike.

These are the Optional OEM accessories that I selected when I pre-ordered the Spyder back in 2007. My dealer (where I bought the Spyder) in Michigan installed them.

6-Spoke Custom Wheel Kit $500 (I just put on identical brand new ones), Caliper Trim Kit Red $20, Black Side Panel Trim Kit $100 (for knee rest), HID Xenon Lighting System $1,300, Ultrasport Windshield $130, Custom OEM Seat $200 (the seat still looks new), Volt Power Outlet Kit $23 (I need to test if it still works), Trunk Liner Bag $130

Cost me new with options about 21k. With two kids I rarely get to ride it.

2008 Can-Am Spyder GS Roadster SM5 Specifications Motorcycle Insurance: Identification Model Type Sport-Touring BASE MSRP(US) $15,499.00 Dealers Can-Am Dealers Warranty 24 Insurance Finance Engine: Engine Type V Twin Cylinders 2 Engine Stroke 4-Stroke Cooling Liquid Valves 8 Valves Per Cylinder 4 Valve Configuration DOHC Compression Ratio 10.8:1 Starter Electric Fuel Requirements Regular Fuel Type Gas Transmission: Transmission Type Manual Number Of Speeds 5 Primary Drive (Rear Wheel) Belt Wheels & Tires: Front Tire (Full Spec) KR21 165/65 R14 Rear Tire (Full Spec) KR21 225/50 R15 Brakes: Front Brake Type Dual Disc Rear Brake Type Disc Technical Specifications: Wheelbase (in/mm) 68 / 1727 Fuel Capacity (gal/l) 7.13 / 27
    Condition:
    Used
    Year:
    Make:
    Can-Am
    Model:
    SPYDER RS SM5
    Category:
    Trike
    Type:
    Motorcycle
    VIN Number:
    2BXJAUA138V000633
    Primary Color:
    Silver/Black
    Engine Size:
    990 cc
    Engine Type:
    V-Twin
    Price:
    $8,000
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Nice looking ride; good luck with the sale.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

This looks (for my area) like an absolute steal of a price on a very low mileage model.
    You should have no issue selling at your very reasonable asking price!

Edit: Raised the price a bit... took a chuck of the meat from my original comment.
    Nothing wrong with getting what it's worth... especially if you are waiting until spring.
    I would not be surprised to see this sold even higher in the right area/conditions/timing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oh400ex View Post
    This looks (for my area) like an absolute steal of a price on a very low mileage model.
    You should have no issue selling at your very reasonable asking price!
    I'm not even sure how to price it. I saw a few listings on CycleTrader where mine's listed too. So I had some idea. I already have 3 buyers on CycleTrader but all want to send a cashier's check. I'm assuming it's a good chance anyways that an out of state buyer will want the bike. I just don't want the check to be fake 2-3 weeks later and I signed the title over.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I might take a cashier's check, but it would have to be with the understanding that the buyer won't get the bike for about a month,
    long enough to weed out the fake checks. Be especially careful of the ones that say they'll send a little extra along to pay for shipping the
    vehicle to them. Or they are out of the country in the military and will have someone pick it up for them.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Yep- the Spyder wouldn’t leave my driveway until funds are in my bank account. These days there are plenty of electronic options to send you a good faith deposit ($500- $1000) instantly. I would sell for a little less if a local pick up option materialized vs the hassle and risk of a long distance sale.

2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

I am also including an OEM middle tank bag and one side bag. Not sure where the other side bag is. Think I lost it in my move years ago.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Cash

CASH, in hand is the best way to fly. Good Luck on Your Mission. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    CASH, in hand is the best way to fly. Good Luck on Your Mission. .....
    Agreed.

Here is how the scam goes...

They send you a check and you take to the bank to deposit. Everything goes great and the money hits your account just like normal.
    About 2 weeks to a month later your bank will call and say "We found that the deposit you put in was fraudulent and the money will be taken back"
    You will be the person responsible for it... not the scammer.

Do not take a check. Sell to someone in person. You are selling out of season my friend... don't be surprised if you don't see much interest right now.
    If you wait until spring I guarantee it will sell at your reasonable ask.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oh400ex View Post
    You are selling out of season my friend... don't be surprised if you don't see much interest right now.
    If you wait until spring I guarantee it will sell at your reasonable ask.
    While I agree that there's a better chance to sell in the spring/summer, it's NOT out of season down here. He's in SC. I'm in NC and I rode yesterday and plan to ride every week from now until.........well, forever.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice all. I will only do cash prior by the buyer or transporter.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rach4life View Post
    I'm not even sure how to price it. I saw a few listings on CycleTrader where mine's listed too. So I had some idea. I already have 3 buyers on CycleTrader but all want to send a cashier's check. I'm assuming it's a good chance anyways that an out of state buyer will want the bike. I just don't want the check to be fake 2-3 weeks later and I signed the title over.
    Tell the check maker that you will hold the transaction up until the check clears. We recently had a bank transaction that required a cashiers check and that is exactly what the recipient of the check did.

PS. Your price is in the ballpark for that year and model. Sadly, farkles usually count for near nothing on a 12 year old machine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Yep- the Spyder wouldn’t leave my driveway until funds are in my bank account. These days there are plenty of electronic options to send you a good faith deposit ($500- $1000) instantly. I would sell for a little less if a local pick up option materialized vs the hassle and risk of a long distance sale.
    Just be aware that funds DO hit your bank account with a fake check, and they they come back out again 30 days later. Having the money wired is a far better option.

Also be on the lookout for people demanding a specific vehicle report -- it is a scam to get you to buy the report.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Ok thank you for the advice. One guy asked for the report. I can provide the VIN, which is clean. But didn't know if I should invest in it.

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    While I agree that there's a better chance to sell in the spring/summer, it's NOT out of season down here. He's in SC. I'm in NC and I rode yesterday and plan to ride every week from now until.........well, forever.
    What's a season?
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    A real buyer wouldn't object to using a modern option like Zelle, Venmo, Cash App, etc. I'm with you, NO checks.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rach4life View Post
    Ok thank you for the advice. One guy asked for the report. I can provide the VIN, which is clean. But didn't know if I should invest in it.
    Given the VIN #, any dealer can run it. No charge, problem solved.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Given the VIN #, any dealer can run it. No charge, problem solved.
    I agree. Buying/Selling long distance requires both the buyer and seller feeling comfortable with the process. There is going to be some give and take. You can provide a Vin # and its up to them to research it- if they want to.

2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Sale pending