Spyder Garage

Default Can I get the radio to play when the RT is switched off?

Is there a way on a 2018 RT to play the radio only with the key off to conserve power
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-01-2020 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Removed prefix; this is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation; + included question in title

Spyder Garage

With previous models, hold down the eco button as you turn the key off will leave the radio on. The answer will also be in your user's manual.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Turn off the key first, then hold down the ECO button. That's how mine works. Mine is 2014. Also when you turn on the key there no wait time to fire it up.

Spyder Garage

Sadly, in all of BRP's infinite wisdom it seems they chose to delete this function on the 2018 and later models when they brought out the new dash style.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Default Use Kill Switch to Keep Radio On?

I found out on my 2019 RTL while the radio is playing and the engine running just use the kill switch and the radio will stay on, though not sure what that will do to the battery life.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Sadly, in all of BRP's infinite wisdom it seems they chose to delete this function on the 2018 and later models when they brought out the new dash style.
    I can see why they might do that. I depletes the battery pretty quickly....don't ask how I know!
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRosePetal View Post
    I can see why they might do that. I depletes the battery pretty quickly....don't ask how I know!
    Well yeah, it does suck up the juice fairly quickly, but the radio will shut off when the battery voltage drops to 12. That's plenty high enough to start the bike next time. So you shouldn't see the battery get depleted, if what you mean is going dead.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)