Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Correct size Airhawk for 2020+ RT?

What's the correct size Airhawk for a 2020+ RT drivers seat? (Not concerned with the pillion.)

Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Monk, may not help you much, but I got the medium Butt Buffer, too small, reordered the large, just right. In my opinion, whatever you get has to be large enough to cover the seat and your behind or there are creases where there should not be. i think the AirHawk is listed on Amazon, if so, you can review the comments there, or order the size you think would work, and if it doesn't, send it back and get the right size. I find Amazon easy to work with on returns.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Bill. I love Amazon. I order from them all the time. I was hoping to just order once, though. The large size Butt Buffer I got for my '18 is too big for the new 2021. Still not sure what I need.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Was hesitant to make the suggestion, I know you do your homework. To make it even more difficult, I'm pretty sure the original AirHawk folks sold the biz, and I read somewhere the new guys don't put as much effort into quality. Hope I am wrong about the 'quality' thing, 'cause it's second hand information, just so ya know. Order once and save aggravation, that's the goal. Hope someone comes through with actual experience on the AirHawk.

Spyder Garage

Air Hawk "R" Large Cruiser size. fits perfect

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ordered. Hope it's all it's cracked up to be.

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Was hesitant to make the suggestion, I know you do your homework. To make it even more difficult, I'm pretty sure the original AirHawk folks sold the biz, and I read somewhere the new guys don't put as much effort into quality. Hope I am wrong about the 'quality' thing, 'cause it's second hand information, just so ya know. Order once and save aggravation, that's the goal. Hope someone comes through with actual experience on the AirHawk.
    I have an original and I have one of the "new" ones. No issues with either one. Only difference I have noticed is the filler valve seems to be a bit cheaper on the new one, but once I got it where I wanted I don't adjust it much anyway. I would buy the "new" model again. I agree with the "R" large cruiser size.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I have the R-large cruiser on mine.

It should work on your 2020 RT just fine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the large Cruiser as well on my F3, and am very happy with the quality and fit, and function of the cushion. I dont see how it could be made better than it is, for the price point.

Spyder Garage

The new Air Hawk is lower quality than the one I had 9 years ago. I replaced with the new version and it leaked within 1 year. I now have a WILD ASS air cushion identical to the Cruiser R (kidney shaped). Found it at the HD dealer north end of TOTD 2 years ago when 2nd Airhawk twice on that trip.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Ok, size large for the RT driver, anyone know what size for the pillion? Mama would be upset if I was riding a cushion of air and she wasn't.

Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

Exactly, my old air hawk was soft rubber. Like inter tube rubber. The new ones are cheap hard plastic. They stink. I put water in mine and it helped some.

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

I'm on number 2. After 6 years, the original Cruiser medium sprung a leak that I couldn't fix. I bought a cruiser R for my ST and though I noticed that the material seemed to be lighter, I am happy so far (less than a year of continuous use). Neither the wife or I would ride without them.
    I would go for the large Cruiser R.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guzzihack View Post
    Ok, size large for the RT driver, anyone know what size for the pillion? Mama would be upset if I was riding a cushion of air and she wasn't.

Coke
    Same for the passenger

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...sku_id=1121896

Cost less than Airhawk but appears to be holding up better than the lower quality Airhawk.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.

Spyder Garage

I paid 89.00 for my simiilar in style Airhawk.

Spyder Garage

I paid 89.00 for my simiilar in style Airhawk.

The newer Airhawk's weak spot for mine was the valve stem base. Was able to patch twice before I gave up and tossed it for the Wildass which is now 2 years old (45000 miles of spirited riding).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought the Airhawk from Amazon so if it looks like crap, I'll return it and buy the other.

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Isn't the evolution of consumer products interesting.
    The Airhawk was a truly fine product for year and if the new owner part is true or not, trying to squeeze a few nickels our of the cost by cheapening the product, opens the door for competitors.