Spyder Garage

Default Any ideas on Ignition switch panel removal? F3T

ANyone have any idea how this is done ? I want to install a switch in the space allowed. Thanks

Spyder Garage

On my F3L i take out the key and rotate the ring counterclockwise, and the bezel comes off allowing the panel to come up.

Spyder Garage

Use a piece of rubber, like a jar opener, to remove it. Pliers will leave marks.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Good info. I wanted to install a Gerber type plug for my elect jacket and for the batt tender but had no idea how to get that bezel off. Not sure this will fit but think it will.
    https://www.amazon.com/Warm-Safe-Pan...085816&sr=8-11
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1 View Post
    ANyone have any idea how this is done ? I want to install a switch in the space allowed. Thanks
    After you remove the bezel, the panel has a prong or tab (not sure what to call it) underneath. You have to slide the panel toward the rear while gradually lifting up away from the tank.

IMG_3458_Fotor.jpg

IMG_3459_Fotor.jpg

i put mine on the left where the heated grips would go.

panel1_Fotor.jpg
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

I installed my heated gear connector under the passenger seat, ran wire (need extra wire) from the battery along the frame to under the seat. I have heated handgrips (not installed yet) and fog lights which are controlled by the two switches beside the ignition switch. I purchased the Warm and Safe Connector as shown in the Amazon link that ulflyer posted above and planned on installing the connector in the Access Panel. I decided after I purchased the Warm and Safe Connector I didn't want to install it in the Access Panel and liked the idea of under the seat better.

When I need my heated gear, I lift the seat and remove the connector. It works better for me in this location because my heated gear controller is on left side, no wires running up towards the dash. I also modified my battery tender cable to connect here also.

See photo's below of connector and battery tender adapter.

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

All good ideas. Right now, I have the wire under the left panel. It just lays under there till needed, then I pull it over the top of the panel where there is a considerable opening. I like the tidiness of a switch and will order one, after I make sure I can get the switch panel off. Too cold now to ride anyway...at least for me.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the advice. I got it off and am waiting for the switch I ordered. It is going to control an electronic deer alert , only need that when riding the twisties here in NW Arkansas also night riding anywhere. It will be mounted behind the grill where my $29.00 dual air horn is. ( which is extremely loud, not like the stock one which sounds like it came off a Vespa!)

Spyder Garage

Default Ignition switch panel blank plug on the right?

For my 2015 F3S, I'd like to put in a 1" round USB/voltmeter in place of the right side ignition panel plug. On removing the panel I found there is a 4 wire connector plugged into the back of the plug. It's used as a blanking plug for the connector. I beleive that side is commonly used for an accessory light switch. Correct? I'm guessing the plug would be used for that light switch. The P.O. mounted lights on the a-arms, but did not use that hole to mount a switch. I'm thinking I can just leave the connector attatched to the plug, and hide it under the panel, then use the hole for the new meter/USB device. The left side is already taken up by an installed heated grip switch.

Spyder daily driver - 2015 F3S magnesium - grocery getter
    BajaRon swaybar, Shad sidecases and Givi top case with Admore kits, adjustable brake rod, LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, FOBO TPMS, F4 Customs windscreen and bump skid
    Front Tires - 175/55R-15 Yokohama AVID S34FA SL
    Rear - General Altima RT45

Spyder touring buddy (White-Whale) - 2018 RTL pearlescent white - set up for touring and local dates with SWMBO.
    LaMonster LED headlights, Stebel Nautilus, Zumo 396, Spyder cuff, FOBO TPMS, driver adjustable backrest, rear view mirror LED turn signals, and Eastern Beaver PC-8R fuse box. Baja Ron Ultra Sway Bar on the way.

Front Tires - Stock Kendas
    Rear - General Altima RT45

Other motorcycle transport - 2010 Honda NT700VA Deauville and assorted vintage Japanese bikes

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
    After you remove the bezel, the panel has a prong or tab (not sure what to call it) underneath. You have to slide the panel toward the rear while gradually lifting up away from the tank.

IMG_3458_Fotor.jpg

IMG_3459_Fotor.jpg

i put mine on the left where the heated grips would go.

panel1_Fotor.jpg
    is that usb outlet plug and play or did you have to splice the wires?