Spyder Garage

Default Easy way to add USB ports.

Everything I saw on YouTube or other post made adding USB ports to the dash a long involved process. Either panels had to be removed and the wire had to be snaked around and through the bike. With the help of a couple of guys on the forum I found an easy way to do it. My 2016 SE6 does not have the temperature in oil pressure gauge on the dash, but it does have two covers installed. I simply remove the covers, Drilled the proper hole size for mounting my device in, hooked up the proper wires and it came out perfect. Once the correct wires were selected the process took less than 20 minutes. Here’s a photo of my final product. I didn’t include what wires I used simply because I was afraid that the code might be different for different years. Now I can charge my phone and hook up my Garman at the same time. Sorry, but it seems every time I use this photo it comes out turned 90°. But I think you’ll get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Plarimer; 11-29-2020 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Further explanation