Spyder Garage

Default Simple music problem on RT

This may be too simple to solve but my wife wants her music on her 2020 RT. We have gone through two MP 3 players and have yet to be successful. First off, She does not want to use her iPhone for music. I know we can pair the phone and link it to the bike with Bluetooth but she uses her phone as a phone only and it stays in her purse in the back case.

We bought a Soldecker player which allowed us to load her playlists onto a small card from our iTunes library that played fine until it died. Once the battery in the player died it would not recharge and will not run off the Spyder power supply in the front glove box.

So I bought a small 8 gb Sandisc player and slid the card in it, hooked it up and nothing happened...no sound at all. It Seems the Spyder doesn’t see the Sandisc.

I’m talking about sound through the Speakers on the Spyder, not through the helmet.

Has anyone found a player that is both compatible with iTunes from an iMac but will interface with the sound system on a Spyder? With the Sandisc I can see the aux icon but when I turn up the volume nothing happens.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Did you make sure the volume on the player is turned up enough? I had that issue when trying to play mp3 files. I guess my 2018 RT needs higher auxiliary input than the player provides at normal volume, so I have to turn it all the way up.
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I would think the easiest would be an ipod. I have used it on mine. The only drawback is to charge it after use so that it is ready for next ride.

Current 2021 RTL Chrome Chalk / Previous Spyder - 2010 RTS-Premier Edition #115 Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use my mp3/4 with the aux plug and be sure the volume is cranked up as someone mentioned. The most simple solution. You can keep it charged by using the USB plug if that's what you want to do, or use a back up battery small enough to fit in the glove box.

Spyder Garage

check out ebay for used iPods. I have bought a couple of older ones for under $50 that worked just fine to play either thru the helmet or the speakers

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

On my 2020 RT Limited, I'm using an old Samusg Galaxy S7 as the music player.
    The Galaxy S7 is vintage 2016.
    I'm sure you can do the same with an iphone of similar vintage.
    I plug it in to the power connection in the rear trunk for all day power.
    I use it as a wireless bluetooth music source through the BRP Connect app.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the responses. Bought an iPos Nano on eBay today. That should solve the problem.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)