Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up BRP BUDS Black Friday Sale

PowerSport Diagnostic has a Black Friday deal going on......
    I got $300 off Buds interface kit with 2 years Spyder license.....I hate being at the whim of a dealer.
    www.powersports-diag.com
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    I got $300 off Buds interface kit with 2 years Spyder license.....I hate being at the whim of a dealer.
    A link sure would be nice to have!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Norton throws up this warning!
    Dangerous Webpage Blocked
    You attempted to access:
    https://www.powersports-diag.com/en/
    This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

Visit Norton to learn more about phishing and internet security.
    There is no BF pricing on BUDS on their eBay store.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Why would an Austrian company offer Black Friday pricing? Thanksgiving is an American holiday, not European.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To sell you something......www.powersports-diag.com
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Correct website is posted.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is on their website.....blkfry2020.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Norton still blocks it as a dangerous website. What Internet security program are you using? Did it let you go there?

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like Norton needs to be updated, no issues for me.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

No issues here either.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Sounds like Norton needs to be updated, no issues for me.
    It stays up to date with automatic live updates. What security software are you using?

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    No issues here either.
    What internet security software are you using?

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    What internet security software are you using?
    I use an Apple Ipad or Iphone .
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

www.powersports-diag.com
    Can you share exactly which version you purchased. None of the version for a 2 year subscription indicate saving $300.

Need to renew my BUDS license and was considering various options.

Spyder Garage

I use an Apple Ipad or Iphone .
    That's the device you use, but what is the internet security it has, the default from the factory?

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It stays up to date with automatic live updates. What security software are you using?
    Running Firefox with standard settings and Adblock Plus. Norton lost me quite a few years ago when it was a serious crash risk. Firefox did
    alert me when the security certificate expired on this site.

Also running Chrome, and running Edge. Different uses, different browsers.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

All I saw was a 10% off code
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Running Firefox with standard settings and Adblock Plus. Norton lost me quite a few years ago when it was a serious crash risk. Firefox did
    alert me when the security certificate expired on this site.

Also running Chrome, and running Edge. Different uses, different browsers.
    I've been running Norton for years with good luck. There was a time when it was a resource hog and I used Trend Micro, but I managed to buy several years licenses over past Black Fridays and now am good for 913 days!

I'll have to send them an inquiry and ask why their Safeweb program is blocking http://www.powersports-diag.com/. Google transparency check reports "No unsafe content found."

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default Site is safe - Cyber Monday sale on!

Norton has reevaluated the web site and now rates it safe!

They have some special pricing today for the diagnostic kit. Price of $950 product dropped by $225.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Norton has reevaluated the web site and now rates it safe!

They have some special pricing today for the diagnostic kit. Price of $950 product dropped by $225.
    I would guess that is the, one year, All Dealer license price. I can't see the US pricing. Only the Canadian prices. Canadian regular price is $1224.25. Sale price $929.80. For most folks since they will only be working on Rykers or Spyders. Choose the one year Spyder Ryker license for a total of $852.32.

Update: I figured out how to change currencies. The sale price for the starter kit in USD 655.70 with a 1 year Spyder Ryker license.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Can you share exactly which version you purchased. None of the version for a 2 year subscription indicate saving $300.

Need to renew my BUDS license and was considering various options.
    It looks to me like a licence renewal for both BUDS and BUDS2. Spyder , Ryker license only. For one year is $172.87 USD and you should get 10% off that for the coupon code cyberdeal2020 Depending on the license you need it will go up from there.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Doesn't this type of pricing fly in the face of Right to Repair philosophy if not any laws directly.

I have seen of other pricing in the net. Has anyone got any experience with this?
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I bought one and 1 day after I got it,i realized I did not need it,got a return number and the return add of there web site,sent it back and so far have refused the return,in the middle of dealing with them,they first wanted me to send it back to there sister company in slovenia

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3ntune View Post
    I bought one and 1 day after I got it,i realized I did not need it,got a return number and the return add of there web site,sent it back and so far have refused the return,in the middle of dealing with them,they first wanted me to send it back to there sister company in slovenia
    That's not surprising. The whole operation is in Austria, and maybe Slovenia. The US address is an office building with lawyers, business agents, etc. It's not a distribution center.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    Doesn't this type of pricing fly in the face of Right to Repair philosophy if not any laws directly.

I have seen of other pricing in the net. Has anyone got any experience with this?
    Curious, what is the Right to Repair philosophy? As far as I know for the US the fact the kit is available for retail sale means the manufacturer, BRP, does not have a lock on the repair diagnostics.

2014 Copper RTS