Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question Shoei Neotech 3 Helmet

Has anyone seen Shoei Helmets go on sale?
    I wanna get a Neotech 2 for my wife and I....... $700 each ....... kindda like to save a buck.
    I have a HJC Rapha 90 modular now....face shield fogging issue with this helmet. Looking at the-pin- lock dual lens setup of the Shoei.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

I know Engelhart's in Madison has motorcycle helmets on sale for 20% off, and they carry Shoei. Give them a call.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My lousy luck..... I’m in Florida for the winter.....but hey, thanks for that info.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had several Shoei flip front helmets starting with their very first one. I moved to different brands when they priced themselves
    out of the market. I went to the Schuberth flip front, and they they priced themselves out, so now I have a Nolan N100-5, and love
    it.

Unless you're deadset on the Shoei, give them a look. Excellent helmet for about $300 less. Very positive reviews and great protection.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hmmmmmm.....will look at it.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

My Shoei Neotec II I got at the progresive Motorcycle show last year and they were discounted at the show I believe 20%, then used the savings towards Sena SRL. They also installed and removed a check par so that it was more comfortable for my head!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TicketBait; 11-14-2020 at 04:08 PM. Reason: tried to add photo, wouldn't let me.

Spyder Garage

Klim & HJC make good Modular lids as well.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Try Craigslist and the FB Marketplace. I just scored a flawless, hardly used Neotec 1 with a Sena S10 installed for $350. When I said flawless, I mean it. It shows absolutely no signs of use. And it was local.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ooooh, a used helmet makes me cringe, too much like buying used underwear.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

When my wife and I bought our Neotechs a few years ago, I asked the shop for a discount because I was buying two. If I remember right, I got 20% off. Don't be afraid to ask for a discount.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Think twice before you go with the Neotec 2.... Some people love them for sure but I got one a few months ago and it fit GREAT, was super quiet. Most comfortable helmet I ever wore but I couldn’t breathe... Wore it a few times and now it’s a $700 dust collector.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Think twice before you go with the Neotec 2.... Some people love them for sure but I got one a few months ago and it fit GREAT, was super quiet. Most comfortable helmet I ever wore but I couldn’t breathe... Wore it a few times and now it’s a $700 dust collector.
    Snap the chin curtain out and leave it at home. Don't think it's needed till the temp really gets down there. The air flow is one of the more impressive things about the helmet.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Snap the chin curtain out and leave it at home. Don't think it's needed till the temp really gets down there. The air flow is one of the more impressive things about the helmet.
    Wish I could say that helped... tried that first and honestly, the ONLY way to get any air thru that helmet at all is to ride with the visor up...
    2018 F3S , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love mine. Keeps me warm with all the vents closed and cool with them open. I can breathe just fine in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    I wasn't aware the chin curtain came out on a Neotech 2. I don't think mine does. Regardless, you want to keep the chin curtain in all the time as that's part of what decreases noise.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Ooooh, a used helmet makes me cringe, too much like buying used underwear.
    Nothing wrong with a used helmet. I've both bought and sold used lids. Remove the liner and wash it (even if the seller says he/she just did) and wear it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Nothing wrong with a used helmet. I've both bought and sold used lids. Remove the liner and wash it (even if the seller says he/she just did) and wear it.
    No disrespect, but I'd never buy a used helmet. There's no telling how many times the PO has dropped it, had it around
    solvents, splashed a little gasoline on it, used his mirror as a helmet holder, etc. I've never had the need to protect my
    noggin, but if it happens I want to KNOW the helmet is up to the task. I'll buy a ton of used stuff, no problem, but not
    a helmet. And not underwear.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

check out a Cycle Gear store. They have plenty of helmets to try on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ned64 View Post
    check out a Cycle Gear store. They have plenty of helmets to try on.
    And take plenty of time. Peggy bought a helmet that fit wonderfully, for about 20 minutes, then it developed
    a pressure point on her forehead that was excruciating. It disappeared the second the helmet was off.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    No disrespect, but I'd never buy a used helmet. There's no telling how many times the PO has dropped it, had it around
    solvents, splashed a little gasoline on it, used his mirror as a helmet holder, etc. I've never had the need to protect my
    noggin, but if it happens I want to KNOW the helmet is up to the task. I'll buy a ton of used stuff, no problem, but not
    a helmet. And not underwear.
    I said all the above too, BUT remember I said FLAWLESS? It is virginal! Not one mark on the finish and I sanitized the interior. I figure he saved me $565. The seller bought it, took two short rides then sold his bike to get a Tesla S, a red one - nice. He couldn't keep both the bike and car.
    Here it is, in all its gleaning glory.....sorry about the upside down, don't know how to correct that.

20201102_165251.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I guess the exception proves the rule, but I still couldn't do it
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

I've never bought used, but sold many used helmets. Always cleaned and in good shape. $20-$50 here/there goes towards my new lids

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

One of my wifes helmets had a top vent system that had NO hole to the inside of the helmet at all. My curent helmet had poor alignment from the shell to the inner foam and didn't breath well------ a few moments with a dremel tool ( and a vacuum cleaner ) and now it works GREAT.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've enlarged both inner venting (in the EPS) to the outer venting and enlarged the inner channels (again, in the EPS). For the most part, it's worked really well. You can't go super deep in the EPS as that will negatively effect the protection but you can shave a little off here and there. Many of us have "massaged" the EPS for slightly better fitment my sanding a mm here and a mm there.

Spyder Garage

Here I am approaching my 71 birthday next year and I have never worn a modular helmet. I have always worn a half or 3/4 helmet or here in Arkansas and others states that don't have helmet laws I usually go without. So in my 45 plus years of riding motorcycles I'm not brain dead or have my skull crushed in. Maybe I have been lucky or God is looking over me, whatever the case may be but I will continue to go without a helmet when the laws permit. Everyone has their opinions on head wear, so these are mine and should be respected as I respect those that do wear a helmet at all times.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Here I am approaching my 71 birthday next year and I have never worn a modular helmet. I have always worn a half or 3/4 helmet or here in Arkansas and others states that don't have helmet laws I usually go without. So in my 45 plus years of riding motorcycles I'm not brain dead or have my skull crushed in. Maybe I have been lucky or God is looking over me, whatever the case may be but I will continue to go without a helmet when the laws permit. Everyone has their opinions on head wear, so these are mine and should be respected as I respect those that do wear a helmet at all times.
    Certainly can respect your right, but what does this have to do with the original post, other than the fact you have zero experience with modular helmets ???

2022 RT Sea To Sky