Spyder Garage

Default Packtalk bold/Spyder

After setting up my Cardo Packtalk bold, I found that it does so many things very well. Now I don't feel the need to connect it to my 2019 F3L. I have found that on Spyder the audio locks up at times using earbuds and sometimes they will not reconnect everytime. Anyone else feel the same.
    2019 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Affirmative! Not that I even have anything to connect to besides my phone!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Today's Premium bluetooth units are far better than the connect offered on your ride

Spyder Garage

Haven’t used the Spyder system at all since going to Cardo Packtalk Slim. Unless you are a “speaker guy“ there’s no reason to use the bike for any audio needs.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I route the tunage on my phone through the bike (then on to my BT headset) only because the voice commands (specifically next/previous track) are a bit wonky. I don't use BuRP Connect, just BT. I can move the tracks forwards/backwards using the bikes controls. I gotta say, the voice commands on my Cardo (even when they weren't working well which seems to have fixed itself) were much better than on this SENA.

Spyder Garage

One small note on the pack talk bold. If you have an iPhone DO NOT update to any of the iOS 14 versions. You will lose Siri functionality thru the Cardo unit. Cardo says it’s Apple’s fault (yes it it) and Apple says it’s Cardo’s fault. Either way, we are now stuck with $500 worth of bricks that no longer perform as advertised.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Wow, glad I seen this post. Cardo pop up said update available, but I skipped the update.
    2019 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

It’s not the Cardo app it’s the iOS update for the phone, sadly learned that the hard way.
    2018 F3S , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're missing out on new stuff in the BRP C dash. Sygic GPS, FOBO ii as well as Dash Radio all work. I've tried using the Cardo voice and found I had to repeat myself many times to get it to work. The joystick works better.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    You're missing out on new stuff in the BRP C dash. Sygic GPS, FOBO ii as well as Dash Radio all work. I've tried using the Cardo voice and found I had to repeat myself many times to get it to work. The joystick works better.
    Very odd! My voice is permanently damaged (paralyzed vocal cords) from an accident and my Packtalk Slim gets my voice commands right every time! Any chance you have the mic installed facing away? There is a specific direction and an arrow IIRC... Keeping up on the firmware updates? My wingman was having issues until I told him to keep his voice monotone throughout the command, no inflections etc...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    ...keep his voice monotone throughout the command, no inflections etc...
    I found the same thing worked on my Packtalk Slim. It seems to be just the opposite on my Sena, though. I have to raise my voice and speak VERY CLEARLY after waiting about 1 full second after I hear the prompt. Really annoying.

Spyder Garage

I believe BRP Connect could be a nice part of your ride if they get serious about coming up with some useful updates.
    Until then its safer and more useful to use the Cardo packtalk. I have the 45mm JBL speakers and they sound awesome.
    2019 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Does the Fobo II automatically notify you on the screen if there is an issue if its not what showing on the screen?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gedge View Post
    I believe BRP Connect could be a nice part of your ride if they get serious about coming up with some useful updates.
    Until then its safer and more useful to use the Cardo packtalk. I have the 45mm JBL speakers and they sound awesome.
    I agree!!

Spyder Garage

Interesting... I just used Siri to make a call this week with my iPhone and Cardo Packtalk Bold. I am running iOS 14.2 and Packtalk Bold Firmware version 5.7. That is just with Cardo paired to my iPhone. I do not pair it to BRP Connect at all.