Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default What's the shortest FM antenna available for the 2020+ RT?

I'm looking for the shortest FM antenna available for my 2021 RT (base). Ideally, I'd like it to be flush with the rubber boot on the rear fender and thick enough to fill the boot. I don't care where I buy it. If one of the regular vendors (and maybe a site supporter) has something that works, I'll buy from them. If I need to go to Walmart or Autozone/O'Reillys/etc, I will.

If nobody knows of a specific item, can anyone tell me what thread size and length of antenna I'd need?

Thanks!

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Shortest FM antenna is using a hidden antenna. Ran one for years on our Spyder, then decided I wanted a different look and opted for dual matching antennas.

Reception was decent with the hidden antenna, sits in the top of the tool box nowadays waiting on its next installation.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Shortest FM antenna is using a hidden antenna. Ran one for years on our Spyder, then decided I wanted a different look and opted for dual matching antennas.

Reception was decent with the hidden antenna, sits in the top of the tool box nowadays waiting on its next installation.
    Thanks but I don't want to have to fill the hole. I just want something super short so it sort of looks filled, I guess. I agree on the hidden antenna thing, though. I've used them before and they work surprisingly well. If there was a body colored cap that would snap into the antenna hole, I'd go that route but I haven't seen anything. (I did just that on my '18 RT when I completely removed the antenna but there was an OEM, body colored piece that fit well so it looked factory.)

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Thanks but I don't want to have to fill the hole. I just want something super short so it sort of looks filled, I guess. I agree on the hidden antenna thing, though. I've used them before and they work surprisingly well. If there was a body colored cap that would snap into the antenna hole, I'd go that route but I haven't seen anything. (I did just that on my '18 RT when I completely removed the antenna but there was an OEM, body colored piece that fit well so it looked factory.)

HAGO!
    I'm pretty sure your antenna comes out of the black plastic on your 2021 RT, not the painted bodywork. You could probably find a black plastic or rubber plug at a auto parts store to fit the hole.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue