Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plarimer View Post
    Because I was told not to ask anymore questions until I got an owners manual. I have an owners manual that I got online and I also looked the question up on YouTube before I asked the question on this forum. Maybe I just took it the wrong way.
    Certainly understand your apprehension, a newbie comes along and asks a question and gets scolded, not pleasant.

Spyder Garage

I recently purchased a 2020 RT and am trying to activate BRP connect. At present I知 enjoying FM radio thru my speakers and it works well. Unfortunately I知 frustrated with setting up BRP connect because I cannot find the USB port in the frunk 😳. I know it has to be there because the manual says it is ! The battery charger cable is there in plain sight so I知 perplexed at this point , even tried a google search all to no avail. Also JayBros mentioned an adapter cable that should have come with the RT but I didn稚 get one and will be calling my dealer on that as well as where is that darn USB PORT in the Frunk? If someone can assist me it would be appreciated and maybe I could get BRP connect functional without calling dealer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riverson View Post
    I recently purchased a 2020 RT and am trying to activate BRP connect. At present I知 enjoying FM radio thru my speakers and it works well. Unfortunately I知 frustrated with setting up BRP connect because I cannot find the USB port in the frunk ��. I know it has to be there because the manual says it is ! The battery charger cable is there in plain sight so I知 perplexed at this point , even tried a google search all to no avail. Also JayBros mentioned an adapter cable that should have come with the RT but I didn稚 get one and will be calling my dealer on that as well as where is that darn USB PORT in the Frunk? If someone can assist me it would be appreciated and maybe I could get BRP connect functional without calling dealer.
    I am not aware of an OEM usb port in the frunk on the 2020. Pretty sure that the "front storage compartment" that the owner's manual is referring to is the small "glove box" compartment in the dash - between the handlebars and the dash. The Owner's manual also refers to this as the glove box.

Spyder Garage

Thank you WilcoJunoHotel , the glove box does have a cable in it but not a USB which the manual says is part of the process for setting up BRP connect. I even watched the short BRP video which clearly shows plugging in the USB cord to a phone in the Frunk but I can’t see the other end in the video. There is a USB in the rear trunk but it isn’t designed for the bandwidth required by BRP Connect . I didn’t attempt to remove the two fuse box thingys because there is no way they would be behind those ! Again the charging cable is prominently accessible but no USB . I am past due for my annual eye exam so says my wife !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riverson View Post
    , the glove box does have a cable in it but not a USB which the manual says is part of the process for setting up BRP connect.
    That's weird. My '20 RT glove box has a USB and a 3.5mm right angle plug. I wonder if somehow the cable got pushed down through the hole in the bottom of the glove box? The plastic glove box comes out really easily - just pull on it. There is a rubber grommet in the bottom where the 2 wires pass. Your cables may have been pulled through that hole?

Capture.jpg

Capture1.JPG

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What Wilco said. The '18/'19s had the 3.5mm and USB plugs in the frunk. In 2020, BuRP redesigned the dash and put both the 3.5mm and USB plugs in that little glove box between the handlebars and gauge screen. There are (2) rubber plugs at the bottom of the glove box. One is blank, the other should have both the USB and 3.5mm plugs coming through it. If your USB isn't in there, it's probably fallen down through the hole. First, I'd check to ensure you didn't miss it. If it got pushed to the bottom of the glove box, it would be easy to miss. Second, check to make sure BOTH rubber plugs are there. If the one that the 3.5mm plug goes through is missing, I'd pull the glove box liner out (as he said, it just slides out) and see if you can find the plug with the USB attached to it. I'd say it's unlikely (although not impossible knowing BuRP) the USB was left off your bike.

If you can't find it anywhere, take it back to the dealer so they can find it. If it's missing or it's not in the glove box, it's a warranty issue, for sure.

Spyder Garage

Oh my, thank you and thank you WilcoJunoHotel and Monk - problem solved ! You’re right it’s in the glove box and the tutorial video I was watching was pre 2020. All my phone and iPad chargers plug into an conventional electrical outlet plug which is smaller than the regular USB so just a matter of picking one up today. Thank you guys again for your help on this

Spyder Garage

Someone should put this all into a reference table by year and model? We looked at a 2014 seriously before finding the 2018. I knew the dash was different of the 2018, however was not aware of the other connectivity changes that occurred each year or two. Chris
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Someone should put this all into a reference table by year and model? We looked at a 2014 seriously before finding the 2018. I knew the dash was different of the 2018, however was not aware of the other connectivity changes that occurred each year or two. Chris
    I "think"....connectivity was in the trunk on the original RTs (and needed an add'l lead for phone). Connectivity was moved to the frunk in 2017 or 2018. USB and 3.5mm jack and no add'l phone lead needed. Connectivity was again moved in 2020 to the glove box. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I knew the dash was different of the 2018, however was not aware of the other connectivity changes that occurred each year or two. Chris
    Neither was I. That's why I found out how good my foot doesn't taste in my mouth near the beginning of this thread!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)