Spyder Garage

Default Any Tailwind trailer owners?

I know the Tailwind group is pretty small group, wondering if any others here on the board own a Tailwind?

Here is mine before I moved into the Spyder world
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know anything about those but it appears they're no longer in business. Interesting looking trailer. It appears to be about 2 feet tall and 12 feet long. Bet it's pretty stable. How does it ride with that front suspension?

Spyder Garage

My wife pulls a Champion that is similar and has coil-over and air ride suspension. Last summer we took a 11,000 mile Coast to Coast ride that lasted 66 days and covered 26 states and the trailer performed flawless.
    Ipad and Coast to Coast 1129.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I don't know anything about those but it appears they're no longer in business. Interesting looking trailer. It appears to be about 2 feet tall and 12 feet long. Bet it's pretty stable. How does it ride with that front suspension?
    I've owned a few trailers in my years and the Tailwind is hands down the best I've owned. The stability and tracking are incredible... smooth as silk.

You're correct, they are no longer being built, the man behind the design and build passed away earlier this year. I regret that I didn't meet him before he passed, we had corresponded by email a few years ago when I was first interested in buying one... he was genuinely a very kind person.

Spyder Garage

Your post got me curious. Nice looking trailer. There is one for sale locally that is painted to match MY bike color. It is 12 years old and the seller wants 5 grand. That's $5,000.00!!!!! Is there something magical here that I am missing.....?
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Your post got me curious. Nice looking trailer. There is one for sale locally that is painted to match MY bike color. It is 12 years old and the seller wants 5 grand. That's $5,000.00!!!!! Is there something magical here that I am missing.....?
    If it's the one in Az, it's been sold. At the $5K price point they sell relatively fast. The Tailwind is a niche trailer, arguably the best trailer ever produced and yes, the price reflects this as does its high resell value. I have no real numbers but I would guesstimate there were less than 1000 ever built, possibly closer to 500. Each unit was hand made so the quality control was near flawless.

Were they worth the original cost of $8K+? For most, no, for me, yes. I purchased mine from the original owner and believe it's worth every penny I paid. There are many great trailers to choose from that do everything my Tailwind does at a fraction of the cost. Having owned many of the top-tier trailers, I don't foresee ever owning another trailer. Again, the price is a bit to digest at first until you put your hands on one.

I was just curious if there were any other Tailwind owners amongst us Spyder riders, I know most are GW riders.