Spyder Garage

Default Good Vibrations (sarcasm)

I've already had vibration issues with the rear, almost losing my license plate light and my license plate. Now I have a problem in the front. I noticed this morning I'm missing the bolt to the right of the trunk hinge and the one on the left was about to fall out.

Are there any other places I should keep an eye on?

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyder Garage

In addition to mentioning these to your dealer, I suggest a personal tour of your Spyder with appropriate tools, checking everything for tightness.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jnt View Post
    In addition to mentioning these to your dealer, I suggest a personal tour of your Spyder with appropriate tools, checking everything for tightness.

Spyder Garage

I would say you have other issues. After 31,000 miles I have never tightened anything or had anything fall off.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recluze View Post
    I would say you have other issues. After 31,000 miles I have never tightened anything or had anything fall off.
    My Spyder is one of the smoothest running machines I have ever owned.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post
    I've already had vibration issues with the rear, almost losing my license plate light and my license plate. Now I have a problem in the front. I noticed this morning I'm missing the bolt to the right of the trunk hinge and the one on the left was about to fall out.

Are there any other places I should keep an eye on?

What were the vibration issues you had with the rear? I feel something that doesn't seem right when riding and I keep telling my dealer about it, but they keep coming back with "can't reproduce the problem". Ive noticed the rear sprocket is quite hot after a ride, so I'm thinking the belt alignment and/or tension is wrong?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Speedin View Post
    What were the vibration issues you had with the rear? I feel something that doesn't seem right when riding and I keep telling my dealer about it, but they keep coming back with "can't reproduce the problem". Ive noticed the rear sprocket is quite hot after a ride, so I'm thinking the belt alignment and/or tension is wrong?
    The nuts / bolts holding the license plate light and the license plate came loose. This is my first bike, so don't know enough to know when something doesn't feel right.

For the first few weeks, I was riding at low RPMs compared to most. Now I try to shift somewhere around 3500-4000. I'll keep an eye on the parts and see if that makes a difference.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyder Garage

Default Good Vibrations....

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post
    The nuts / bolts holding the license plate light and the license plate came loose. This is my first bike, so don't know enough to know when something doesn't feel right.

For the first few weeks, I was riding at low RPMs compared to most. Now I try to shift somewhere around 3500-4000. I'll keep an eye on the parts and see if that makes a difference.
    With less than 2,000 on the bike, the 3 bolts on the ride side of the tail section fell out, then the exhaust bracket lost all bolts causing the exhaust to drop down (luckily this occurred while riding in town and my husband spotted it right away), then the license plate reflector/light cover fell off and most recently a bolt is now missing from the right front panel. The dealer has told me that vibration is a 'known issue' and it's up to the owner to be responsible and check all bolts frequently. I told the dealer I hoped the front wheels didn't just fall off! So, keep your tools handy, you must have one like mine!