Spyder Garage

Default What types of oil can I use in my Spyder?

what types of oil can i use in my spyder

Spyder Garage

Use whatever you want so long as it meets the API service specs listed in your operator's guide. The same section of the OG will tell you how to correctly check the oil level so you don't overfill it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

to the forum. There are many oils you can use in the Spyder. I use Mobil 1 4t for motorcycles. If you do a search using the search box top right side for oil you will see many post about different oils that people like to use in their Spyder. Some of our sponsors sell oil change kits also if you would like to go that route just go to the home page and see the banners and click on them to look at their products.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you have a warranty and you do your own work (services) keep all your purchase receipts and dates of service along with milage. If you have a warranty issue and do not have any of the foregoing documentation you may well be SOL.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Some of us here use Rotella T6, including me. I like it for its 5W base that circulates more quickly on these cold day starts. As it warms, it reaches the specified 40 weight, that's good. It is JASO MA2 rated, and is safe for motorcycles with wet clutches and catalytic converters. That you can buy it on sale for $20 a gallon is a nice plus.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That question is almost as open ended as, "What kind of women makes the best wife?"

I use Amsoil Metric Motorcycle 10W-40.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    That question is almost as open ended as, "What kind of women makes the best wife?"

I use Amsoil Metric Motorcycle 10W-40.