Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No longer a Spyder owner

Hi all,
    Just wanted to drop you this thread to let you know I am no longer a Spyder owner. I sold it yesterday on E Bay and will take delivery of a new Harley later this week. I enjoyed riding the Spyder but never quite felt comfortable that it would make it through my trips without a breakdown for one of the many issues presented on the forum. A breakdown in itself would have been bad but the knowledge that the dealer network experience level at best is weak made the cobination of a breakdown with a knowledgable dealer available less than confidence building.
    I liked the ride and performance of the Spyder but after owning many motorcycles I also missed the two wheel experience. The Spyder reliability concerns coupled with my love of cycling led to my trade.
    The Spyderlovers forum is excellent and I will continue to keep abreast of my former Spyder comrads and I wish you all safe and trouble free riding.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear you sold your Spyder. Have fun on ur new HD. Stop in and say hi from time to time.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that.

Ride Safe!
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

You sold your spyder for a Harley...

Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    You sold your spyder for a Harley...

Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe.
    I can understand your frustration and sometimes see the two wheeler splitting lanes in heavy traffic in CA and think that a two wheeler would be better and more cost effective

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smokster View Post
    I can understand your frustration and sometimes see the two wheeler splitting lanes in heavy traffic in CA and think that a two wheeler would be better and more cost effective
    especially in high traffic areas, not frustrated.
    "Nothing against a Harley or any other bike".
    My husband has a Honda VTX 1800. He will never trade it in for a spyder, trying to get him to buy another spyder for himself, so far no luck. Ryding together is the fun part, ryding a bike is the best part. In the end, "no matter what kind of bike you have"...
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

What? This is like stopping by your X-wife's house and telling her about your new girlfriend. I still remember sticking $5K into my Softail trying make it look different, and run better than stock. Funny thing, the only person that could tell was me. Good luck with your new squeaze.
    Happy Owner
    Chances are the referenced post is positive in nature, may result in a solution, alteration, modification, or highlights an extraordinary event or ride, that's worth posting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

LOL
    That is what I truly have enjoyed about the Spyder folks. Great sense of humor and always there to help when I had a question. I will miss that but still plan on frequenting the Spyder site daily.
    I unfortunately love all kinds of bikes but can only afford one at a time. I have enjoyed Honda's, Harley's, BMW's, Polaris, Can Am and other asian bikes in the past and probably need to stay out of toy dealerships and stop taking test rides. The new Harley is bike 33. The problem is that at age 62 I might be running out of time!!!

Spyder Garage

Wow .... thirty third bike? You are catching up to Scotty.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

what model did you buy
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by proudcoppop View Post
    LOL
    ... The new Harley is bike 33...
    So is not the Spyder, you are just a byke philanderer!

Enjoy your HD, bro

3WD
    Today is a good day to ride!
    owner!

[x]- Gun rack
    [x]- Helmet-mounted fire extingusher and DPS deactivation hammer
    [x]- Large print (senior version) safety card

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

"Bike philanderer"....h-m-m-m...so, THAT's the problem. Well' I'm a little disappointed and saddened...but, hey, that's life. Different strokes for different folks...

May the Great Spyder in the Sky come taunt you, until you return to the One True Path

Still, enjoy that new machine...
    Happy SE5 Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Best of luck! enjoy your new HD!

Happy Spyder Owner!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enjoy your new ride. Wish we had gotton to meet and maybe we still will. If your down this way give me a holler.
    Dick
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi all
    The buyer of my Spyder is from Portland Oregon. He is planning on flying into Indy and riding it back to Portland. That should be a great ride and I just did an oil change so hopefull all will go well for him. I had the steering software upgrade about 400 miles ago with no problems probably because I did not have any engine or exhaust mods.
    I would still like to ride with the Spyder group sometime so will keep watching the Indiana site. I'll start my Harley last so you can hear your Spyder start but would appreciate if you have extra oil with you in case my Harley is in need!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Not a problem...I always carry an extra quart of oil in "Scorpio", along with a special first-aid kit, assembled especially for motorcyclists.
    Happy SE5 Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wish I could have joined your buyer, on his trip back to Oregon. That's my home state! Born in Portland, spent my childhood in Tillamook and Salem. Moved to Indiana from Brookings, on the southern Oregon coast.

Quote Originally Posted by proudcoppop View Post
    Hi all
    The buyer of my Spyder is from Portland Oregon. He is planning on flying into Indy and riding it back to Portland. That should be a great ride and I just did an oil change so hopefull all will go well for him. I had the steering software upgrade about 400 miles ago with no problems probably because I did not have any engine or exhaust mods.
    I would still like to ride with the Spyder group sometime so will keep watching the Indiana site. I'll start my Harley last so you can hear your Spyder start but would appreciate if you have extra oil with you in case my Harley is in need!
    Happy SE5 Owner