Spyder Garage

Default Anyone changed a Clutch Handle - is it specially made or universal?

Has anyone changed out their clutch handle on a 2012 rss sm5? If so, was it a specially made clutch handle or an universal clutch handle? Also, if you have can you post pics and possibly the part number you used.

Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No I didn't...But on my 2008 GS the clutch handle was adjustable by turning that wheel thingy near the base of the handle...It made the reach closer and further away from the hand grip...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    No I didn't...But on my 2008 GS the clutch handle was adjustable by turning that wheel thingy near the base of the handle...It made the reach closer and further away from the hand grip...larryd
    Yeah I am aware of the wheel however, it may as well not even be there because it doesn't do anything when it comes down to it. Maybe 1/16th of an inch if that of movement. But, thanks for the response.

Spyder Garage

Here is my process if I don't know what handle someone wants.
    You want the new handle to be closer I'm assuming but same process either way.

Take a piece of carboard and top-down trace the pattern of handlebar and clutch handle.
    That will give you the "profile" and angle of your handle. Then take the handle off and go to a local shop (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki etc) give the parts guy the handle and tell them what you want to do. This way you know what options are compatible in front of your eyes before buying. Lay the new handle on your carboard pattern for comparison.

Don't be too surprised if they are all very similar as that is what makes them "universal"

Good luck!