Spyder Garage

Default Question about extent of floorboard adjustability on T, L models

How far back can the floorboards be adjusted on these models? I do not like my legs stretched way out in front - I prefer a slightly forward position, perhaps 100-110 degrees.
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

Don't the OE Floorboards have the same 5 mounting position options that the foot pegs have??

Now admittedly, I don't actually OWN an F3 T or L and I haven't tried EVERY position or combination of positions that are possible, but (given the appropriate length control rods for brake/gear etc) I've either installed or helped quite a few who do to fit &/or move their foot pegs & floorboards, and my experience/understanding of the U-fit system for these is that you can choose to put your floorboards in any of the same 5 positions as you can choose to put the footpegs - it's just that you install 'floorboards' rather than 'footpegs'!

So if you can find a reasonably appropriate & comfortable footpeg position, you should be able to improve on that at least little by installing floorboards that allow a little more flexibility instead of the pegs.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Unhook brake rod, Then unbolt foot boards Slide footboards bake where they line up with holes. All the way back is 1 position. Every time u move forward changes by 1. So goes 1-5. You will have to change brake rod out for the position that's comfortable

Hope this helps!

Spyder Garage

I need to clarify - I do not own an F3, just sat on one at a dealership. The footboards were pretty far forward, making a reclined seating position, so I was wondering if I could make that position more upright and to what degree.
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

If it was not changed already the position usually is at 3-4. Positions 1 or 2 are closer to the back and should get close to the position you want. It does not take long to move the boards, so the dealer should be able to move them for you to try. Brake rod will have to be installed that matches the board position.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Hey VStarRider (are you coming off of 2 wheels?? My hubby had VStar) - if you prefer a more upright position, then the RT is the bike for you. The F3 is the cruiser (ride in) and the RT is more upright (ride on). While the UFit system is customizable to 5 different seating positions (F3 only), it is designed based on leg and arm length. Moving those pegs/boards to the #1 position if you are 6 feet tall will have you making your poor, squished legs wishing you were 5 foot nothing. And that's not even taking into the safety issue of not being able to access the brake pedal in the way it was designed. It sounds like you may be far more comfortable with the Cadillac of rides - the RT :-)