Spyder Garage

Default Rear Suspension (adjustable via Schrader valve) 2020 F3-T Losing Air Pressure

Anyone else experiencing the loss of air pressure in just a short period of time?
    I can set the pressure @ 30 psi and enjoy the ride that day. Within 2-3 days the pressure is lost totally, down to zero psi. Is this normal? Still under warranty so should I have it checked? Just not sure if this is by design or I have pressure loss because of a failing seal or something??

Spyder Garage

That's a little quick, so given that you've still got warranty, you should probably get it checked!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

If I set my 2020 base RT to about 53 it will lose about 1 psi per day for a few days but then when it gets to around 46, its rate of loss slows down dramatically. It has never dropped to zero - I think it would take 2-3 weeks of no riding for that to happen.

Spyder Garage

As a blind/easy/cheap fix ATTEMPT, change out the schrader valve core. They frequently fail and leak. Worth a shot since we get lucky sometimes.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I recently spoke w/someone who has a 2016 F3T who said his rear suspension leaks. My 2021 RT does not. Well, I'll lose a pound or 2 in a week but that's easy to fix.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Even if your schrader core is bad and replacing it might help, if you put a good cap on it with an oring inside it to seal it, it should not lose air that quickly.

Mine will lose about a pound a week. I have permanently added a 12v pump to my left bag using some tire valve extensions and added a 12v power outlet there as well. More details and links at my page in my signature.
    pump.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I put in an extension on mine so that it is easier to access. I check it before every ride. If I do any overnighters (hopefully lots once this COVID issue is muted) I will prolly buy a small pump ($) and keep it on the bike or replace the shock with an aftermarket ($$$).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I added an extension to the Schrader valve on my 2021 RT (base) but I think you guys are overthinking things. If it leaks a LOT, take it to the dealer as it shouldn't. If it just leaks down a pound or two in a week, buy one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . That's what I've got and I check the pressure as part of my pre flight checks. If it's down a couple pounds, it literally takes 90 seconds to screw on the pump, give it a couple "squirts", unscrew it and stow it away again the saddlebag/frunk.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I added an extension to the Schrader valve on my 2021 RT (base) but I think you guys are overthinking things. If it leaks a LOT, take it to the dealer as it shouldn't. If it just leaks down a pound or two in a week, buy one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . That's what I've got and I check the pressure as part of my pre flight checks. If it's down a couple pounds, it literally takes 90 seconds to screw on the pump, give it a couple "squirts", unscrew it and stow it away again the saddlebag/frunk.
    I wouldn't class it as overthink. I'm out of warranty. My solution using a small $22 pump shows immediate reading of current pressure & just a switch if it gets low or I'm having a passenger. Beyond that if I need it, my pump will fill a tire as well.

Full details can be found
    to see full details on MY SPYDER PAGE
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey