Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default My wife and a spyder

Ok so here I am waiting on the 2010 models to buy my syder and while my wife and I were at the dealership she told me she wants her own "pink" spyder. Yeah Me! two spyders how cool. So anyone have any comments on putting a wife with a on a spyder. Now for the kicker, the only thing she have ever drove was car and now the family mini-van. I'm a little scared to turn her lose after all I know how she drives LOL. So any help to get her started and keep a happy marriage?

Spyder Garage

There are many wives with spyders on this forum. Many of us wives are new riders as well. Go for it and enjoy spydering together. bjt and I have traveled quite a bit with our spyders and it has been great.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How funny is that? After going on the maiden voyage with me the wife said she wants to get one for herself and do it all up in pink. I think it's awesome, encourage her to do it!

Spyder Garage

We need widowmaker2011 to post on this topic.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

My wife never rode anything but an automatic clutch Honda Trail 90. That was only used as a pit bike once or twice a year, for a couple of years. She saw the Spyder, ordered one the next week, and got her endorsement a month later. A few parking lot sessions, some quiet streets around the neighborhood, and she was ready to venture out. A couple of weeks later she was hitting the highways. Now when I look in the mirrors of my BMW, she is plastered to my six. I don't worry about her when I see gravel in a corner, or get into a tight turn. The three-wheeled stability and the built-in safety systems take good care of her, and make up, to some extent, for her lack of experience. Now, after 17 months and several thousand miles, I consider her a reasonably experienced rider. I say "Go for it!"

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

I am a new Female spyder owner of a SE5!!! No MC background what so ever. Bought mine June 12th. I love it, I would buy one again, again, and again. I am having the time of my life...

GO FOR IT!!!!

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

She'll have a blast! I learned on a clutch car, had 2 wheelers but it was a still a learning curve with the Spyder - only an hour's worth! I was having too much fun and it made the transition easy! She'll do fine

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

If you enjoy riding together, but like my wife, decided she didn't care much for riding behind, and she shows an interest, then just do it. I've been riding (not Spyder) for about two years. My wife didn't like riding behind me on mine. A friend of ours let her sit on "his wifes" Spyder, and she was hooked. A short time later we bought hers. She had never ridden anything before. In no time at all she had her permit and was tearing up the neighborhood. First chance she got she completed the license (road test) and has been doing great. This past weekend she hit the freeway like she was born to it. Could be one of the best investments we've made. Definately the first hobby we can enjoy together. I might not even wait for the '10s to come out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I never rode a MC before except as a passenger. I took the MSF Course to get used to bikes. I learned on a 2-wheeler, but I knew I was getting the . They teach you everything, especially awareness of other traffic. I can't tell you how much I love riding my . REMMOS only gets to ride it to the dealership, when I'm out of town, or sometimes if he's good, I'll let take it to fill it up with gas!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Another woman ryder here. I have the opposite problem. I'd like to get my husband to ryde!!!

Didn't take the MSF Basic Rider Course until I was in my mid 50's. Never had been on a motorcycle just knew I wanted to ride in a big way. Found 2 wheels to be a bit much physically. The Spyder solves EVERYTHING!!!!

Tell your wife to go for it!!!
    Last edited by DynamoBT; 08-25-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had ridden behind my husband on his BMW for 20+ years. Finally, I wanted to ride my own. I did learn to ride a 2 wheeler but never felt confident enough on it to be safe. Then along came the Spyder! The first time I rode it, I felt so much more safe and sure on it. I now ride everywhere on my own. It was very easy to learn on. Encourage your wife; she will love it. I can't tell you how great it feels to be on my own cycle!!

Spyder Garage

in the back of the owner's manual is a detail 'how to ride' chapter. Great exercises to get the new rider familiar with how Spydies work. We bought a bag of day-glo yellow tennis balls, cut 'em in half, and used for the course markers. Happy shopping!!
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

It's all good but you have to tell her right out with Her color choice in no way can you take it to gas station or in for service for Her

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mclaw44 View Post
    Ok so here I am waiting on the 2010 models to buy my syder and while my wife and I were at the dealership she told me she wants her own "pink" spyder. Yeah Me! two spyders how cool. So anyone have any comments on putting a wife with a on a spyder. Now for the kicker, the only thing she have ever drove was car and now the family mini-van. I'm a little scared to turn her lose after all I know how she drives LOL. So any help to get her started and keep a happy marriage?
    Go for it. I will send you a PM. In Ohio, you can get a three wheel permit or two wheel permit. (Any two or three wheel vehicle in Ohio is a motorcycle, except MoPeds). A two wheel permit (endorsement) allows you to ride either one. A three wheel only allows you to ride a three wheeler. The MSF course is a good one, but if you not feel good on two wheels, get the three wheel endorsement and take the State Test on three wheel. In a parking lot on a modified motorcycle test range. They drop the slow ride for three wheelers. Wonder why ??

Old Man Zues

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sign her up for a Mostorcycle Safety Class first.

I took the class and am very happy about it.

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Many replies!!!

You are going to get her a spyder.

I did all the training courses in the spyder manual, that was well worth it. Build up my confidence fast. Now, after 2 months I ryde everywhere, even on the freeway!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    It's all good but you have to tell her right out with Her color choice in no way can you take it to gas station or in for service for Her
    I don't see why not... it is one secure man who can ride a "pink" spyder!

BTW - my is red!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thats what Marty Robbins said he raced a pink stock car. I think I remember seeing a photo of a pink Spyder it did not look that bad. Also Spyrlus Spyders (someone help I murdered the spelling) has a line of flower graphics for the Spyder aimed at the female riders. Of course with the tattoos I have seen on some ladys now I think he should go with tribal graphics.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Come on guys, pink is just a really light red. You can hack it.

I personally hate pink myself... very ungirly of me, I know.

Anyway, tell your wife to go for it. She'll be fine. I've only ever driven an automatic car for any period of time - I tried out a manual and hated it so took it back -- and the Spyder is nothing to learn. The biggest adjustment from a car to a motorcycle for me was accelerating with my hand and concentrating enough on that hand to forcibly slow myself down or remove my hand when I felt out of control. I'm still working on it, but feeling more confident with each ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJo View Post
    I don't see why not... it is one secure man who can ride a "pink" spyder!

BTW - my is red!
    Secure.... Maybe. But a real man??
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

RT-S PE#0256 SyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Wife and a spyder

My Wife LOVES her Spyder. She rode bikes for several years. She took the MSF course and started on a VLX 600, then she had a 750 Honda shadow, and even rode my VTX1300 for a while. BUT the 2 wheels always made her a little nervous, and now she is much more relaxed and really enjoys riding a lot more. (and me too!).

Go For it !!!

Matt

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i have a pink spyder and pink trailer to match

my hubby rides it all the time

he has no problem at all with the colour apparently its a big hit with the chicky babes lol

as for riding....well i hadnt even driven an automatic car.......got my bike licence 250 and bought the spyder....never looked back......20000km and still loving it.......i can even tow which i was too scared to do in the car

Last edited by incy; 08-27-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Kudos to her.

She will love it. I am still on the fence. I LOVE being passenger. Hated 2 wheels for years but live to snowmobile. I will not give up my sled to ride passenger but I do love riding behind my husband on the Spyder. He has been letting me drive ours around the yard but I am not ready yet. besides who would be the wildlife spectator. Besides 3 spyders would not all fit in the garage(son has his own). But I am considering it maybe next year will get my license.

Spyder Garage

You all are awsome! Great input! funny thing is there is nothing negative at all (other than the color lol) soooooooo, I do think I will get my wife a new spyder! It will be cool to share the same hobby for once. INCY you rock, my wife has falling in love with your spyder and I do have to say the pink looks goods. Im not sure if I can handle the attention of a me on a pink spyder