Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Certainly can respect your right, but what does this have to do with the original post, other than the fact you have zero experience with modular helmets ???
    Bingo, we have a winner.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    No disrespect, but I'd never buy a used helmet. There's no telling how many times the PO has dropped it, had it around
    solvents, splashed a little gasoline on it, used his mirror as a helmet holder, etc. I've never had the need to protect my
    noggin, but if it happens I want to KNOW the helmet is up to the task. I'll buy a ton of used stuff, no problem, but not
    a helmet. And not underwear.
    A big no to both. A helmet is designed and made for a one-time event. Depending on the severity of that one-time event, the helmet may appear structurally sound but it has been compromised to some degree.

With the few brain cells I have left, I want to keep them all. Saving a few dollars for someone else’s helmet that you do not know the history of isn’t a good investment IMHO.

As for the underwear, that’s pretty obvious!

Spyder Garage

Do be aware that HJC modulars are shaped more for round coconuts while Shoei is for more oval-shaped coconuts. HJC was instant migraine for me but Neotec perfect. For me 2021 will be new brain bucket year but am damned if I'll pay for built in headset I don't need as replacement for perfectly fine Sena 20S EVO. Will have some shopping to do.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Do be aware that HJC modulars are shaped more for round coconuts while Shoei is for more oval-shaped coconuts.
    I would agree...mostly. The HJC RPHA line (their higher end lids) are a bit more oval shaped than the rest. I'll definitely agree that the Shoei is oval and fits ME perfectly. In 40 years of riding, Shoei has been the ONLY lid I've worn straight out of the box that needed NO fitting or break in time. I took my current Neotech 2 out of the box, put it on and rode an hour home. Other than my eyeglasses fogging up in the frog strangling rain (which has nothing to do with the helmet), I had ZERO complaints. I've never so much as considered tweaking the EPS. When I'm due for a new lid, I won't consider anything else unless Shoei quits making helmets.

HAGO!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I must have a pretty generic head as I've had no issues with any helmet I've purchased: Bell, HJC, Shoei, Shuberth, Nolan, and probably several others
    I've forgotten. But I never wore a full face helmet until I bought a Bell Star in the late 70"s, but didn't like the restricted vision. And you could buy your
    Bell helmet by hat size. Mine was 7 1/4.

I did try on an HJC modular helmet several years ago that fit horribly, but I didn't buy it, just tried it on.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Did you try ebay? I saw a few new ones.